• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi from my bunnies

KB

Mama Doe
I introduced myself a couple of weeks ago & am so addicted to RU! Its time for you to meet my bunnies. Now that I've figured out how to do it! Not very computer savvy!
Parsley is the Californian with 1 1/2 ears - thanks to someone's cat when she was a kit. She was dumped on the doorstep of an after hours vet, they rang the doorbell & left before the staff opened it. She was in a cardboard box & was practically scalped, with bites to her feet & ears also. She ended up in the shelter that I worked in & became my foster, my Rabbit X or whatever your first bunny companion is called. She taught me so much about fostering bunnies, the way rabbits heal etc. I decided to adopt her. She is as strong as an ox & so feisty despite her rocky start & is onto husbun no. 2 who is the gorgeous Gilbert. Tensing her first love & an older boy bun died last year.
The sexy Rex boy is also a rescue bunny- his children "grew out of him" !!!! How lame is that. Still their loss & both Parsley & my gain as he is just divine.
Parsley sort of wears the trousers in their relationship but every so often Gilbert puts his foot down.
Probably not their best photo but I find it hard to get one where they both look fab. This reminds me of a school photo!

DSC01352.jpg

What gorgeous buns and a lovely couple. I think that Californians tend to be very strong rabbits and not delicate like most rabbits. Julie is so tough and she is an only rabbit but she actually rules our household. She will have no part of a mate besides stuffed rabbits. She demands attention and chases the parakeet that I found. She tries to bite him if he comes into her domain the kitchen. Your buns look like quite the characters.

They are lovely. Are they big rabbits?

Well...........yes! Parsley could nearly be the twin sister of bunnytoes's Julie as she too is 'big boned'. :oops: She is surprisingly agile though & completely wacky when she binkies. She is on a constant reduction diet which is a bit tricky as Gilbert is not a chunky bun & truly has a big frame (seems long limbed & has length in his back) so needs his calories. So he gets the odd treat whereas Parsley is strictly hay, grass, veg & a very small pellet serving.

Welcome to RU, I'm very new here.

Great to see your Californion, I used to have one called Poochy. He was a real survivor too. He was attacked by a dog, suffered cuts and a broken leg, but amazingly survived the shock and all the after care and operations. He lived happily to a grand old age. Something special about Californians, they will always have a special place in my heart. All the best to Parsley and Gilbert, what a handsome pair.

At least Gilbert's owners found him a new home, although I do despair of people taking on a rabbit as a short term pet. Gilbert is lucky to have found you as a much more responsible and caring owner.

Good on you, look forward to seeing more pics of them

:wave:
they are gorgeous I love the brown colour and then the white one looks like he popped his nose in the same tub of paint so hes not left out.

Welcome! :wave: I'm quite new here as well. Your so nice to adopt him. My step sister adopted a rabbit from the vet she used to work at. The poor bunny was saved from teenagers who were putting out their cigarettes on her. Poor thing :cry: But you buns are gorgeous :love::love:

Back