• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jane, how is Libby's toe?

Its doing OK thanks :)
There wont be any 'proper' skin regrowth but the connective tissue is forming a sort of 'leather' around the bone and the open skin tissue has healed. The nail still has a good blood supply so the toe's definately not 'dead'. Its not painful either, which is the main thing.

Thanks so much for thinking of her xx

How does it have a blood supply to the end, wasn't it just bare bone?

p.s. I originally spelt bone "bown" - perhaps I shouldn't be an English teacher :roll:

How does it have a blood supply to the end, wasn't it just bare bone?

p.s. I originally spelt bone "bown" - perhaps I shouldn't be an English teacher :roll:

There is a blood supply running through bone, too (since bone marrow is where blood cells are made).

I'm so glad to hear it's healing, anyway, and isn't causing her pain any more. It looked soooo owwie when she first did it :shock:

Really? Sorry, I must sound so blonde!! :roll: And I've really no excuse, my dads a doctor and my mums a nurse!!

As I always come out with 'blondisms' I thought I may aswell adjust my appearance accordingly- It was Champagne Blonde hair dye at 0500am today................ :?

:shock:

Now off to find out if Blondes really do have more fun. I think I will top myself up with a mug of Sanatogen Tonic first though .......:thumb:

Just took this piccie

001-73.jpg

Here's what the injury was like at first

001-34.jpg

Last edited:
Well it's a shame she didn't get any skin regrowth but at least it looks a lot less ouchy! xx

Back