• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is Jose boxing us??

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Title says it all really. Since we got jose back last night, she lunges at me and the OH if we put our hands in her cage or sometimes if we just go to stroke her :?

She never used to do this, why has she got territorial (I'm guessing that's what it is) since her spay?? I thought spying her would calm her down, but its had the opposite effect

(Could it be because she doesnt like us at the mo because we're syringing meds into her? I've put another thread on rabbit chat to ask for advice on better ways of doing this)

Timmy sometimes does the same thing, mainly first thing in the morning.

Maybe she's not feeling her best and is being protective.

It might just be that she needs some time to settle back in after being at the vets. She is probably scared of you now that she had to go through all that. Give her some time and im sure she will come round.

Maybe because shes feeling fragile and doesnt want anyone near her or her territory right now? I wouldnt take it to heart... Rimmi used to do it when I had him in the indoor cage but he has his own room now like Rimmi and greats me at the bars every morning :)

Hopefully when Jose is 100 % again she'll start being nicer?

Perhaps a few offerings off her fav treaties will make her realise your not going to do anything to her? She might be scared youre going to force feed her again!! Bless... xxx

It might just be that she needs some time to settle back in after being at the vets. She is probably scared of you now that she had to go through all that. Give her some time and im sure she will come round.

Agree, Bloo was quite aggressive and grumpy, and forgot how to be litter trained as well after he was neutered. But he's back to normal now, so we put it down to the fact he must have just been really angry at us or frightened and a bit confused after the op. Of course this is only my experience, and from a boy rather than a girl, but if it's the same thing then see if she has calmed down in a week or so, and yes bribe her with food! :)

Sorry I've not been keeping up but when was she speyed?
One of ours, Tamlin, was really really angry after she was speyed but it settled after 2/3 weeks and she was a soppy wotsit after that. I think the female hormones take much longer to settle. x

As oher people said, it could be she thinks she's going to to the vets to get poked and prodded again, also a bit grumpy and scared. Her hormones could be all over the place and will need to time to reduce and settle.

Talking to her in an ecouraging and silly voice may help:)

:no: Jose

Sooty used to do this before her spay but not anymore - maybe Sooty has sent her nautiness to Jose..

Seriously though im sure she will settle down and is just feeling abit under the weather im sure she will be back to normal in a week or so x

Sorry I've not been keeping up but when was she speyed?
One of ours, Tamlin, was really really angry after she was speyed but it settled after 2/3 weeks and she was a soppy wotsit after that. I think the female hormones take much longer to settle. x

She was spayed on Friday morning, we brought her home on Friday afternoon but she had bloat so she went back to the vets on saturday morning and stayed with them until last night

She's probably just feeling a bit rough still after all the upset of an op and an extended stay at the vets - especially if she's had to be syringe fed! She probably just wants some 'alone' time:roll:

Back