• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why doesnt Lyric want to be downstairs?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I bought Lyric downstairs for the first time yesterday and she loved it she was doing massive binkies:) Her room is upstairs where she lives when were not here,I left the stair gate open yesterday and she went back upstairs,I bought her back down but she did the same so i left her,Ive brought her down tonight but shut the stair gate she was binking again had a good run around then flopped for a bit,She had only been down for about half an hour and she has jumped the stair gate and gone back in her room:? Shall i just leave her? I just dont understand why she keeps going back to her room when she has loads more room downstairs:?

I think they just feel secure in what they know is their own space.....at weekends Apache has free run of the whole house but usually when he wants to chill he goes back to his cage.

I don't know really :oops: if it was my bun I would just let her have access to downstairs, so she could be up or down at her own choice, and see how she goes. She might spend more time downstairs when she's settled in.

Does she need to be downstairs for any reason though?

I don't know really :oops: if it was my bun I would just let her have access to downstairs, so she could be up or down at her own choice, and see how she goes. She might spend more time downstairs when she's settled in.

Does she need to be downstairs for any reason though?

She cant come downstairs though shes only mastered getting up! Yes because were down here and otherwise shes on her own plus she needs to exercise,I bought her back down at 7.30 but shut the door she has been binkying going mad ive just opened the door and shes gone back upstairs,so ive let her back in the room

ohhh I see!

Umm. That's a bit of a dilemma then :? I wouldn't rule out her learnign to get down stairs in future, when I got Sorrel she could go up straight away but took six months to learn to go down. I realise that isn't any help to your present situation though...hopefully someone wider will be along soon!

if shes got the space upstairs id leave her up there, her eyesight ok ? just asking as i had jim my foster rew id leave my bedroom door open it took him 3 months before he even left the room then once took him to the kitchen and he paniced,

i agree she most likely feels more secure upstairs try again when you have more time, sit with her on the stairs and just give her time

i will say as much as buns are good up the stairs bigs got used to them got over excited and decided to jump and fly once down the stairs gave me a right fright as he tumbled he was ok just shocked

Last edited:
Does she have a litter tray downstairs too? It might just be that when she wants to chill she's happier upstairs in her own place.:?

She sounds happy though with all the binkies!:love:

Does she have a litter tray downstairs too? It might just be that when she wants to chill she's happier upstairs in her own place.:?

She sounds happy though with all the binkies!:love:

Yes she has a litter tray, water toys etc,Ive bought her down again this morning before i go work shes been binkying again:lol:

She must just feel more secure in her room at the moment.
I personally,would just open the door, let her come down on her own accord.
She may need a little encourangement with food :lol: So you could like, shake a tub with her food in. I know that would bring my two running :lol:

Back