• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dominant buns?

which is your rabbits is in charge lol?

• male

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • female

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
if you have bunnies of different sexes living together, which is more dominant, who rules the roost :lol:

mine is yes again rosie :lol: she may be small but she is in charge

if not whome is your more dominant bun in same sex groups?

with ted and theo they are newly wedds, but i just can't make out whos more dominant. they both just get on so well and respect each other.

It used to be VERY much Sora-Pudding who was dominant, she would sit and have Smudge-Pie groom her all day if she got her way, but in recent weeks I have seen her grooming him quite a lot and he is getting his own way more often than he used to, so I reckon it's evening out a bit :wave:

The girls both chase Albert a bit and he is bottom of the pile but Dutchie is DEFINATELY in charge and wow betide anybun who ever questions this

Definately my Inca is in charge, she is the most confident out of the two.
Although Herbie is learning to shove her out the way when she tries to steal his food!!

I had to vote male, as out of the 3 groups I've had the boys win.

Arnie has always been boss of Kira.

Jet (female) used to be the boss of Stevie

Now Stevie is the boss of my other two girlies :)

I have two pairs, in one pair the boy is in charge in the other pair the girl is in charge.

Mine are both does but Faith is dominant over Hope. Hope more often than not will let Faith go first to make sure it's safe :lol:

As mine have only been bonded two months, i'm not really sure. She does things to make me think she is but he also does things that point towards him being the boss:?

I'm not entirely sure as I haven't seen them do much of dominant behavior as of yet.
When I first bonded Zakura and Cloud, Cloud tried to hump Zakura but that could easily be because he was just recently neutered (about 3 weeks prior) and still had some hormones left in him.
Now I mostly see them both run around like maniacs in the run when I come to feed them, or in times of calmness they just lie side by side.
I know that Cloud is more timid when it comes to me, but he has proved (by his reaction to meeting Zakura) he doesn't have the same shyness about other rabbits.

I have two does living together (Aroma and Miako) too where I just assume Aroma is the dominant, as she is Miako's mom, 2 years older and Miako is still very young.
Also since they often have a habit of eating out of the same bowl (despite having two) at times I have seen Aroma trying to cover it from Miako occasionally, until Miako notices the other bowl and eats from that instead. I've never seen them fight over food:D (Cloud and Zakura however do sometimes... oddly this tends to happen when I don't use bowls at all, and just throw pellets around randomly on the ground :lol: But it doesn't last long enough for me to notice any "winner" of the fight)

i have male dutches i personaly have never met a grumpy male dutch but i do know there are some out there, bigs hides at the sight of a bird flying over cowers when carrie is in of her moods doc a snuggle bun will put up with beths random humping to a point then go enough an nip and linus my mini rex has no choice against one huge lop :lol:

Ant is boss of the five-o! Hoops (female) is his second-in-command & Roo is definitely bottom of the pile, bless him. Goodness knows which way round 3rd & 4th is between Trix & Roo!

With the outdoor pair it's hard to say who's the dominant one although, on balance, it's probably Dudley.

I think I would have to say Dill,only because ive seen B cowering in a corner when Dill has been chasing her[which seems to be more regular].B is the most dominant when it comes to us mind!:lol:I would say they are like a married couple-B is the boss in some areas of their relationship & Dill is the boss in other areas!So I guess,does that make them equal?!:lol:

With the previous pair, the female was definitely the dominant bun.

With my current pair, Cassie likes to wear the trousers although Oakely wont always let her be too bossy. I was told by their foster mum from the rescue centre that originally Oakley was the boss, but when Cassie had her babies, this changed - girl power I suppose:)

Nibbles is more dominant over Wookie, but if Wookie wasn't such a wuss and actually realised he's a big bunny, then he'd probably be the boss.

Peaches however. I really don't wanna get on the wrong side of her. She bosses all men and doesn't get along with Martyn. :roll: She's ace. GIRL POWER!!

i think my pair are equal.. they both think they are boss :lol::lol:

Alvin is the main humper and demander of grooming yet he grooms pearl just as much, and throw food into the equation and pearl humps :shock:

they both shift each other, and they both steal food from the other and mutual grooming happens loads :love::love::love:

this is why im stuggling with Pearls illness, i cant imagine a better matched pair of buns than these pair.. Alvin will be crushed when we lose pearl :cry:

Back