• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vocal buns?

do you have a vocal bunny?

• yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • no

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper

rosie is very vocal, she makes noises everyday, whether it be crying, or for extra attentiona and when she's enjoying mummy cuddles, or talking to mowgli

mowgli just tends to grumble :lol: well he is an old man

yeah theo runs about honking and ted just mainly growls if she's telling me off :lol: but she also purrs alot. theo lay down last night after having an intense grooming sension with himself and sat and chattered to himself. :lol: poor ted didn't get a look in selfish man :lol: :love:

Kira is horrendous, always feeling sorry for herself :lol:

She's been extra grumpy this week - May just notice more though as they are downstairs now :lol:

My Poppy she grunts when she comes out of the hutch, she still runs around humming even though she is speyed, and if her food isn't delivered on time, she stamps and grunts, a very bossy lady:D

081-1.jpg

I don't know what you mean mum:lol:

B is extremely vocal but only heard Dill grunt once.Holly our old bun used to make a noise like a seal when stroked in certain areas-very bizarre!!:lol:We used to have bun that would run round the room with a toy in his mouth oinking-he was so funny!

sooty will honk if he smells other bunnies but thats the only time he or my other lops make any noise. Rosie and panda are both very vocal. Panda snorts like crazy and rosie humphs if she doesn't get her food.

Vocal bunnies are my favourite :love::love: My two most sociable bunnies have been very vocal - Scratty used to buzz and hum loads, really excited happy noises and Artie does it as well, he runs round my feet making this lovely buzzing noise :love::love::love:

Tinks was vocal on the first day she was here when she was scared - a proper growl :cry: It's the only time I've heard a bunny growl and I felt so sorry for her.... she's really chilled now though but if she can growl she should be able to buzz as well :? :love:

Sora is very vocal, she grunts/oinks a fair bit (even if it's just troffing-noises as she pigs out on pellets, she still grumpts softly :lol:) and she also gargles water :roll: Never a silent moment with her around unless she's flopped out asleep - but if Smudge dares to sniff her feet or bum whilst she's asleep the grumps come back extra loud :lol:

I love vocal bunnies :love:

Nino 'woofed' once!! :shock: It was an actual WOOF not just a humph or a grunt. It was so funny we both wet ourselves and the message of annoyance he was trying to get across completely failed on us! :lol: He has never done it since.
Poppy is like Mutley (if anyone remembers those cartoons! :oops:) and used to grumble to herself and mutter under her breath. Again she has stopped doing this as her confidence has grown and the routine helps her to know what to expect and when.

We just get lots of excited buzzing now....always food or mounting related! :love:

Oh and Poppy still does her funny little grunts and meowws usually culminating in a big THUMP! :lol:

I want a woofing bunny!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Alfie's never made a sound. Bubbles can just about muster a tiny squeak if she doesn't approve of me picking her up. :lol:

rosie is very vocal, she makes noises everyday, whether it be crying, or for extra attentiona and when she's enjoying mummy cuddles, or talking to mowgli

mowgli just tends to grumble :lol: well he is an old man

Rimmi grumbles like an old man sometimes, especially if he isnt getting his own way (ie, managing to get hold of anything I am eating)

I love it though, I have never had such a vocal bun, I loves him :love::love:

Herbie & Inca are both quiet, but Kermit used to grunt and snore all the time....i loved it :love::love:

Bella makes really loud buzzing noises when she's excited bless her :love: I've only ever heard her "growl" once (the first time I ever tried to pick her up,she HATES it :roll:) and that definitely sounded more like a "woof" :lol: Boris is generally a pretty quiet bun,however I often get growled at when trying to put him to bed :lol: Grumpy old man :lol:

My previous male, Splodge, used to make a noise like blowing a raspberry when you went near his hutch if didn't want you there, but was really a softy.

Cassie thumps her leg and lets out a big sigh if she has been stopped from doing something she wants (such as trimming the upstairs carpet).

My lot both growl when they're peeved. To start with, only Inky growled, so I think Smokey has learnt it off of him:lol:.

Mine dont make hardly a sound - I wish they did!

Lola makes a little gulping noise when drinking and swallowing and thats it! I wanna woofing bunny!

Harry who stayed here for a while before going to Jill at Honeybunnies used to honk like mad. He was so funny.

Snowdrop does a tiny wheezy/grunt noise when you put her down after a cuddle.

Back