• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help me with my assignment?

dayle_x

Mama Doe
I have to pretend I am responsible for a collection of rabbits of various ages, breeds and coat types. I need to talk about the effects of stress, direct and indirect methods of disease transmission & about vaccines. I need to write down different accommodation types, day to day care, seasonal care and annual care

Wow with all of that to cover you could write a book!

There are lots of people on here with knowledge and experience to help you!

I dont think I will be any good. I am relatively new to bunny-caring (3 months) but I am sure you will get lots of info from others!!

Good luck

Wow with all of that to cover you could write a book!

There are lots of people on here with knowledge and experience to help you!

I dont think I will be any good. I am relatively new to bunny-caring (3 months) but I am sure you will get lots of info from others!!

Good luck

I know! I do know lots but don't want to miss anything out or write anything down wrong. Its so hard trying to word it aswell!

Blimey!! How about starting with a spidergram and using all the different headings to start with, so

Stress
Diseases
Accommodation
Breeds
Coats

etc etc

And then write down as many things as you know about or ideas you have under each section, use any pictures you have to help, keywords or write in detail. Whatever - just get it out of your mind and on to paper.

Then maybe that will trigger ideas for what you want to write about, your own experiences/knowledge, your own rabbits, rabbits you have seen on here and the experiences others have talked about, any books you have, online resources.

I am guessing it is going to have to be quite summarised under each section to get it all on to a poster that people can actually read. Photos or pictures (magazine cutouts?) may help?

Blimey!! How about starting with a spidergram and using all the different headings to start with, so

Stress
Diseases
Accommodation
Breeds
Coats

etc etc

And then write down as many things as you know about or ideas you have under each section, use any pictures you have to help, keywords or write in detail. Whatever - just get it out of your mind and on to paper.

Then maybe that will trigger ideas for what you want to write about, your own experiences/knowledge, your own rabbits, rabbits you have seen on here and the experiences others have talked about, any books you have, online resources.

I am guessing it is going to have to be quite summarised under each section to get it all on to a poster that people can actually read. Photos or pictures (magazine cutouts?) may help?

yeah good idea thanks
no idea what to write about stress though :/

Hmm tough one. Would stress cover boredom because of hutches being too small? Being separated from siblings or parents or other bunnies in general? Illness? Also if loud children or dogs etc are around it might stress bunnies out? Or over-handling if bunnies dont like handling? Bereavement (ie losing a rabbit they were bonded with)? Or being paired with an aggressive bunny?

Just throwing ideas out there really...

Good grief that's a tall order.
Stress - Physical environment - Heat/cold/ housing too cramped with no running space/ no private bolt hole in an open area.
Psychological - predators - fox, cat, dog, naughty children.
Too close to rival rabbits. Boredom. Lonely.

Effects - increased susceptibility to infection (white count falls)
GI stasis.
Aggression/destructive behaviour/ referred aggression.
Repetative stereotyped behaviour, Psychological withdrawal & "depression".

Is that enough for starters?

Back