• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

renal failure

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
does anyone have experience or advice please? x

The vet just phoned me with an update on Beau, he is still very weak but has brightened up a bit since he has been on the fluid thing. They are going to phone me if if his condition changes at all. They have given him medication and started him on panacur too

He said they have done blood tests and said renal failure something about his kidneys :cry: :cry: :cry: My vet is going to look at him tomorrow and phone me in the morning

And will speak to him about Buu's PM results tomorrow, said it could just be bad timing with Beau showing this today right after Buu but my vet will want to see Trip and Scarlett tomorrow for a check up anyways

Last edited:
The poor darling! I don't have any experience of it, but here's loads of vibes for Beau, and a hug for you. :bunny:

I am so sorry to hear about your poor bunny Beau. Sending big vibes his way for him to be comfortable.

Hugs to you.

It's so terrible that you've had to go through all of this one after another. I'm thinking of you and the buns!

How are Trip and Scarlett looking?!:)

It sounds as though your Vet is thinking along the lines of EC as a possible diagnosis.

I have had a few Buns with EC induced chronic Renal failure. They were bought more 'good quality' time on a treatment regime which included anabolic steroid injections, multi vitamin injections, dietary modification and SQ fluid therapy when necessary.

As a precaution I would start Trip and Scarlett on a 28 day course of Panacur

Lots more vibes for Beau

xx

It sounds as though your Vet is thinking along the lines of EC as a possible diagnosis.

I have had a few Buns with EC induced chronic Renal failure. They were bought more 'good quality' time on a treatment regime which included anabolic steroid injections, multi vitamin injections, dietary modification and SQ fluid therapy when necessary.

As a precaution I would start Trip and Scarlett on a 28 day course of Panacur

Lots more vibes for Beau

xx

i agree, mowgli my bunny is also a bunny with this, at this moment he is very much a very happy bunny and still loving his life and eating me out of the house :lol:

Thanks guys

Trip and Scarlett seem fine, they have both been given the 28 day course of Panacur

Just got home from visiting Beau and he seemed happy enough, still very interested in his food! I took him in his favorite treats and will drop some more in tomorrow. They are going to phone me tonight and again tomorrow morning. I feel a little better now I have had a chance to cuddle him

Thanks for that info Jane

xxx

The only experience I have with renal failure is in ferrets.
A fluid filled tummy,weightloss,drinking and peeing more than average, but chances are its because of an underlying illness.
Im not much cop, but wishing you the very best.xxxx

Back