• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Age puzzle.

bunnylover177

Alpha Buck
I recently adopted a bun from a reliable rescue in Chelmsford. The lady told me the bun was around 4 years old. I called her Arwen (she's a dote:)) and went to get her spayed. The vet (also mega-reliable) tells me there is no way this rabbit is 4 years as she is a sexually immature female of about 4 MONTHS. I phone the shelter - she sticks to her guns. I talk to the vet - he's never seen a 4yrs old rabbit with insides like that in the 1000s of spays he's done and is certain the bunny is very young.
My question is this:
Has anybody ever had a mature rabbit spayed (over 9mths) who turned out to have undeveloped sex organs? Could they both be right or do I have to choose?

If she's a rescue, how can they reliably know her age? Surely they can only go on what the previous owner said when they handed her in?

Back