• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker Training?

grainy

Warren Scout
Trying to teach my rabbit a few tricks. When looking on you tube, some people use clickers.. is this nessesary?

How have you managed to train your rabbits? And what tricks have you taught them ? :)

I used a clicker to teach my lot to come to me when called, worked really quick. Its useful when they are in the garden and for whatever reason I want them to come to me. And quicker than chasing them around trying to catch them!

Also used a clicker to teach my Buu to get into her hutch/run/the house when called, and also to jump in and out of her carry basket when told because she had issues with being lifted. Didn't take very long for her to learn, like a weekend x

Trying to teach my rabbit a few tricks. When looking on you tube, some people use clickers.. is this nessesary?

How have you managed to train your rabbits? And what tricks have you taught them ? :)

What haven't I taught them?

- Football
- Jumping over hurdles (See site in my siggi :) )
- Going through hoops
- Come when called (Most of the time)
- Spin
- Stand on back legs
- Spin whilst standing on back legs
- Following my finger or target stick
- Weave through poles
- Walk up and down a see-saw
- Jump on and off of stuff
- Kisses
- Whispers in my ear

and probably more :lol:

If you have any questions, leave them on here.
Will be back in 10 mins :)

Last edited:
sillyrabbit - wow, she learnt her tricks quickly! Where abouts do i purchase such a clicker?

demismith- what tricks should i start off with and what's the best way? I'd love to try jumping on and off things and kisses!!
Also, really want to teach her to wear a harness, but i think i want to leave this a bit longer as she has only recently got used to being happy being held. But what's the best way to teach her this?

I'm trying to teach her to sit up at the moment by saying 'sit' and holding the treat high above her.

I got my clicker off Ebay - and tried to clicker train my two but the responded so much better to food btu wish I had perservered with the clicker x

Might have a spare clicker - let me know if you want one x

Cat - would love a clicker - I think my cocoa bunny will learn tricks well as she seems to love being picked up. she sits and waits in her cage when she wants a cuddle!:love:

sillyrabbit - wow, she learnt her tricks quickly! Where abouts do i purchase such a clicker?

demismith- what tricks should i start off with and what's the best way? I'd love to try jumping on and off things and kisses!!

I'm trying to teach her to sit up at the moment by saying 'sit' and holding the treat high above her.

I think the best thing to start with is to come when called, and to follow a target stick/finger. With Harley I got him to follow a dandelion leaf and now he follows anything if I include it with a treat/reward.

And also, I'm not sure about anyone else, but Harley only responds to hand movements, not sound.

Yeah it just took a couple of afternoons, once she got the idea with her hutch she picked it up within about half an hour with the house and run. She was already jumping into my lap when I called her name though so I think it helped that she already came to me when called

I have never really taught actual tricks like sitting up and stuff. Trip will jump over my legs when I put my legs out in front of him on the floor and call but he was doing that long before I started calling him to do it, and he loves jumping onto things. I only really taught Buu to come in and out of her hutch/run because it was easier for me and less stressful for her

Got my clicker in a pet shop, it was ages ago but I think it was only about £2 x

My buns are responding to sound, because I never to any hand movements and Buu would get back into her hutch when called no matter where in the garden I was standing or what I was doing

Should I just give it a go? Putting the harness on for a few minutes at a time to see how she reacts? She is 7 months now

I'd give it a go, all the buns I've trained with a harness have been 6 - 13 weeks old though, the older buns tend to freak out if they're not used to it.

Can't believe how much your avi rabbit looks like mine!

Also, really want to teach her to wear a harness, but i think i want to leave this a bit longer as she has only recently got used to being happy being held. But what's the best way to teach her this?

Do you actually need her to wear a harness for exercising? If the area she is exercising in is not safe a secure run or pen while you supervise is a much safer option than a harness. Rabbits can't be walked on a harness like dogs can, they have to be used so carefully as rabbits tend to binky and run around very quickly x

Do you actually need her to wear a harness for exercising? If the area she is exercising in is not safe a secure run or pen while you supervise is a much safer option than a harness. Rabbits can't be walked on a harness like dogs can, they have to be used so carefully as rabbits tend to binky and run around very quickly x

I don't have a garden so would like to take her to the communal gardens for some grass time. I don't want to freak her out. But there was a guy at the park with his bunny on a harness, it was so placid, and would wave when you waved at it!!!

Yep, the rabbit always leads you :roll::lol:

I don't have a garden so would like to take her to the communal gardens for some grass time. I don't want to freak her out. But there was a guy at the park with his bunny on a harness, it was so placid, and would wave when you waved at it!!!

The rabbit would wave back at you :shock: :?

Do dogs go to this park? If so I definately wouldn't take your rabbit. This other rabbit may also be a rabbit, is your and their bun vaccinated?

I'd give it a go, all the buns I've trained with a harness have been 6 - 13 weeks old though, the older buns tend to freak out if they're not used to it.

Can't believe how much your avi rabbit looks like mine!

Do you mean Jez? Awwww yours are all so sweet! I fallen in love with mine :love:

Do you mean Jez? Awwww yours are all so sweet! I fallen in love with mine :love:

Yeah, Jez :)
And thankyou :)
Can I ask how old he is, and where he came from? I have no idea about Jez, a 'friend' got him from some auction and was going to kill him :cry:

The rabbit would wave back at you :shock: :?

Do dogs go to this park? If so I definately wouldn't take your rabbit. This other rabbit may also be a rabbit, is your and their bun vaccinated?

yes it waved! it was pretty amazing really! the rabbit wasn't fazed by anything. There are dogs in that park but not the communal gardens bit i mentioned. not too sure about the harness.. don't want to upset her!

Yeah, Jez :)
And thankyou :)
Can I ask how old he is, and where he came from? I have no idea about Jez, a 'friend' got him from some auction and was going to kill him :cry:

She is 7 months approx and she came from salford and manchester rspca. She was taken in when a breeder bred too many and couldn't cope. She had been in a kennels type place for a little while so she is just getting used to having lots of freedom at the moment and being handled. I've had her 1 month now and she's my first rabbit :p So glad you rescued Jez, so beautiful!

Back