• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you clean out your buns cage/hutch?

How often do you clean out your cage/hutch completely?

• Every Day

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Every Other Day

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
I have been doing the litter tray every other day but I wondered how often people do a full clean out of cage/hutch.

I clean all the litter trays daily and a full clean out weekly.
Winter however gets a full clean every other day as her cage is right next to my bed!

She's a house rabbit with her own room, so the litter tray gets cleaned out daily and her room is cleaned out weekly

i do a full clean everyother day, they spend most of their days in the run so they are not really dirty but dirty enough not to leave them longer

litter trays get done every day, but the hutch is so clean I only need to do a full clean every week! (even then, just a few stray poos and some fur!)

Every day, probably twice a day, i do a quite scrap up of everything on the lino and put it in the litter tray. I do litter trays every two or three days (cos Mischa hates it when it's fresh, clean and new :roll: otherwise I'd do it every day) and then a full clean (take everything out, scrap/sweep up, hoover, put everything back) about once a week.

Litter trays every other day and full clean every 4 days. I work on a rotating basis. So day 1 and 3 do the litter trays and day 2 clean the cage, but they have they odd numbers on the same day, but some are on day 1 when others are one day 3.

Sometimes I have to slip an extra day in though, like if the weather is awful and cleaning them would mean they are wetter than before, in which case more days get added in, so litter trays can be every three days, and hutch cleans every 5 or 6 days.

All very complicated but it works for me, lol.

m and t have a pen indoors, with a smallish cage in as their den. i clean litter tray daily and the whole thing at weekend.

Litter trays every other day and full hutch/indoor cage every week which is mainly just sweeping up the odd poo/hay mess, very rarely anything needing attention more often than once a week.

I clean the litter trays every other day or so, and the whole shed gets a new clean including some new hay- they are always excited about this! :D

Everyday i hand pick out all the poo and wet bedding and replace. One is potty trained, the other doesnt bother.

Then they get a full clean and disinfect every 2nd weekend. During hot summer weeks, its every week

Back