• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanting to adopt a doe

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to adopt a doe and finding it rather difficult. I went to a Blue Cross Rescue centre the other day to adopt a doe who I'd had my eye on for a while. My partner and I took all the correct documentation and they knew we were coming with an eye to adopt this particular rabbit, but a family had got there before us with four children who were stroking her backwards and poking her in the eye, and they gave the rabbit to them before we could even meet her! We are two adults with no children and with a affectionate neutered male to bond her with, but that didn't matter, it was first come, first served.

I've tried posting on here to find a doe (I don't mind how far away she is, as long as it's not Scotland) but realise that I can't post in the rabbits in need thread. Does anybody know where I can rescue a doe from? I'm on the Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire border.

Candiflare

Have you looked on the main site here? Rabbit rehome? If a suitable home is found normally a bunny run can be put into place if you want to adopt from further than you can get to.

Have you tried the RSPCA and rabbit rescues in your local area?

We're not that far away from you really :D Fat Fluffs is based in Solihull and quite a few of our bunnies have been rehomed in your direction!

Have a look at our website www.fatfluffs.com and get in touch via team@fatfluffs.com - it's always worth a call/e-mail as there may be a doe perfect for you who has just been spayed and isn't yet on the website.

If you want more info feel free to PM me :)

Hiya :wave:

Looks like you'll have no problem now finding your bun, makesure you keep us updated.... esp with pics when the time comes!!!! :D

I've had my eye on Rebecca too, she's gorgeous!!!

Hi,

Sorry, Rebecca has gone, I haven't had time to update the web site yet. But, I do have other doe's here if you are interested.

As long as you rescue a bunny I am sure none of us minds where you get her! So, please do not feel pressured!;)

Alice

Back