• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting

Flutterby81

Young Bun
Hi:wave:

Just thought i would post something happy!!

Hopefully adopting 3 buns from Tracey at the Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue in Rugby, Binky, Princess and Roger!

Getting homechecked on Saturday, so hopefully eventhing will go ok. Did know whether i was allowed to post before we know for certain, but i am soo excited feel like a big kid!! (28 so thats some achievement!):lol:

Have got O/H to put the blind(waterproof) on the open fronted shelter (big shed/enclosure-must post photos!)so that it can be pulled down at night, have bought a 2 tier hutch from my neighbour, but its just somewhere for them to sleep in as the will have access to the enclosure all day(it has a covered roof/sides etc so they won't get wet but will still have sunshine!

Haven't bought bottles or toys as i wasn't sure it i should before i am approved?

Is there anything else i have forgotten in my excitment? Have a run from neighbour too, but O/H said he can/will build a better one! Have cleaned everything thoughly and made sure that nothing can get through the mesh anywhere. Have 2 good vets, one in Mold, one in Chester.

Racking my brains and i really can't think of anything else? ;)

A carry case!

Some toys. A camera :D

I won't say congratulations because I don't want to jinx it in any way, but I really hope you get the result you, we and they want :D

Hello Flutterby :wave:

I am pleased to read you are hoping to adopt from Tracy - we adopted Twinkle and Star from Rugby this summer, and Tracy was really helpful (I think she likes meeting enthusiatic potential bunny owners!).

Sounds like you have a great set-up ready for them. Tracy will probably give you some of the food she uses for her buns, so you can wean the buns across on to whatever food you plan to get them.

Maybe get a litter tray? I was unstoppable with going mad buying things before I even had my homecheck :oops: but I thought I ought to have it all ready (thats my excuse and I am sticking to it!!)

Good luck, all the best, let us know how it all goes

Helen

Was going to get toys, waterbottles, bowls, food, treats, toys,hay and racks,bedding, litter trays when we are approved but am now thinking i should have it all ready before the homecheck on saturday?

Have and camera and carry case already-thought if for whatever reason they say no then the cats could have another one!:lol:

Really want to buy everything now!! And thank you for the kind comments!

I brought Beau's stuff before my homecheck, just so that I could show them I had everything ready :)

I would add a snugglesafe to your list hun, they are brilliant for very cold nights or when an animal is sick. My buns love sitting on them even if its not that cold! x

Everyone else's Buns seem to love all the toys - there's so many available - but all Bob cares about is a an old cardboard box and a yellow pages. Oh, and my carpet, and my favourite pair of shoes. Tsk. Don't think he's alone in the love of a yellow pages though so that might be good to have to hand. Good luck with the home visit - sounds like they'll be very lucky buns.

Everyone else's Buns seem to love all the toys - there's so many available - but all Bob cares about is a an old cardboard box and a yellow pages. Oh, and my carpet, and my favourite pair of shoes. Tsk. Don't think he's alone in the love of a yellow pages though so that might be good to have to hand. Good luck with the home visit - sounds like they'll be very lucky buns.

Same here, mine are happy with cardboard boxes, phone books and paper bags :wave:

Yes my buns is a yellow pages / toilet rolls girl too..

Forget all the lovely toys, wooden balls, sticks, tunnels etc she has :roll:

p.s good luck with the homecheck - im sure it will be fine.. I think it will probably be good to get things ready for the homecheck? and then they will see you mean business :lol:..

Cant wait to see pics if and when you get them x x

Last edited:
Well i couldn't help it-i went shopping!!:lol:

I bought

2 medium sized water bottles
A large oblong bowl
A large twig bridge thing
A large tunnel
Travel carry case
Mineral wheels

Still need to buy

Mite and Flea spray
More toys
Food and treats
Corner litter trays
Snugglesafe bottle holders
Secure bin to hold food
Plastic tubs to put cleaning things-dustpan and brush, crapper, cleaning spray etc and one for treats.
And 2 hay racks.

Hopefully thats everything!!

So excited:D

Well i couldn't help it-i went shopping!!:lol:

I bought

2 medium sized water bottles
A large oblong bowl
A large twig bridge thing
A large tunnel
Travel carry case
Mineral wheels

Still need to buy

Mite and Flea spray
More toys
Food and treats
Corner litter trays
Snugglesafe bottle holders
Secure bin to hold food
Plastic tubs to put cleaning things-dustpan and brush, crapper, cleaning spray etc and one for treats.
And 2 hay racks.

Hopefully thats everything!!

So excited:D

You excited by any chance? :lol:

Are you sorted for transport etc?

ps whats a 'crapper' ?

I'm really excited for you! :lol:...personally I prefer the oblong litter trays (for cats) mine like to completley sit in it and I put some hay in ...eat and eliminate at same time to encourage training them...have u got hutch disinfectant, grooming brush (can't remember ur list...its that long:lol:)...wish u all the luck for saturday!!

Yes just a little excited!! Very sad!:lol:

It was suposed to be scrapper not crapper!!!!!! :oops::lol::lol:

Might have to get the objong ones instead if i cant get the corner ones.

Not sorted transport out yet, they are coming from Rugby so if we are approved i am sure Tracey or me will be posting-who is allowed to post for bun runs by the way?

Grooming brush-knew there would be something i would forget!!

Going to get the rest tomorrow!

Thanks everyone,fingers crossed the next post will be begging for a bun run!

Same with Timmy about the cardboard boxes. He's got a nice comfy bed but he choses so lie down on the hard floor instead :lol:

I think i'm right in assuming buns love to go in darker corners as some are intimidated by open spaces, so i guess something for the buns to hide in :D

Fingers crossed! We passed our homecheck last week, it was fine!

P.S. When you put crapper instead of crapper i thought it was a rude word for litter tray :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm really excited for you! :lol:...personally I prefer the oblong litter trays (for cats) mine like to completley sit in it and I put some hay in ...eat and eliminate at same time to encourage training them...have u got hutch disinfectant, grooming brush (can't remember ur list...its that long:lol:)...wish u all the luck for saturday!!

Thats interesting - I have a corner one and the girls often push it out of the corner and go behind it. Now the behind of it smells of their wee so they keep going there. Have tried vinegar and not cleaning the tray too much but maybe we should try an oblong one.

Back