• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed floor

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
this will be the babies first year in the actually shed, there where in it last year but in the hutch. i just worried about them sitting on the floor, i'm intending on making an internal hutch for ted and theo as petal all ready has a platform to sit on. but what i wondering is if the sit on the cold floor will this harm them? i have hay down but even still. should i get some matts to place on the floor?

You could get some carpet samples....they are usually £1 in large carpet shops, or some even give you them for free.
I use them in the bottom of my dog crate.

Mine love carpet tiles. Our local shop sells them 6 for £1.00
I have bought so many the last year and just replace them as I need to.
The buns love the luxury of "indoors" but live in a shed. Nice and warm too!
I don't cover all the floor with them, just under their chairs where they like to have a nap!

:lol: thanks jayne, yeah i'll maybe get some for the winter coming in, hopefully theo doesn't pee on them lol.

:lol: thanks jayne, yeah i'll maybe get some for the winter coming in, hopefully theo doesn't pee on them lol.

Norty Theo:lol::lol:
Honey was struggling with her weeing when she went in the shed at first, but now she realises her pink litter tray has moved in too!
Big litter trays are the key - with lots of hay in them. I have 3 now and they all sit in one each - very cute. Poos are another thing though, they seem to jump out of the trays with the buns!!:lol::lol:

BTW Linz - love your new signature, although Petal looks sad:cry::cry:

You could try fleecey blankets because they are snuggly and washable, but, to be honest, as long as they have somewhere dry and warm and snuggly to go they should be fine with the floor as it is. Mine have access to concrete in the winter and sometimes choose that over hay :roll: They should be fine (unless they obviously have a medical condition which indicates otherwise).

My shed floors have a layer of polystyrene covered with upturned carpet and completely covered with a tarpaulin which is stapled down.

The tarp keeps everything easy to clean, and is cheap and quick to replace, and the polystyrene and carpet give it warmth and make it a softer option than bare wood.

Back