• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm not a laughing stock anymore!

My future sister in law has just got a puppy.
Before she got him, she had never owned an animal.
When we all did the south downs way walk in July, I called back home every day to make sure the buns were all o.k. (especially Ernie who had Ileus the day before we went)
Well this weekend, my future Sister-in-law was "Down SOuth" and admitted all of the others were laughing at me for calling home each day. They were saying that they were sure if I could talk to the buns I would. I knew nothing about their conversations.
Well, she also admitted this weekend, she now knows why I called each day. She can't believe how much of a connection she has with her dog and how much unconditional love he gives her............

Oh and she also admitted she wanted to call back home to speak to her dog!!!

Who's laughing now and if I might say - feeling rather smug:lol::lol:

Last edited:
I know what you mean, when my rabbit was ill I was the only one in my department at work so my mum/dad (who have also had buns before) used to look after her (My dad even took her to work bless him!). I would phone about every hour/hour and a half to make sure daisy was eating/drinking/ok etc. You can't help it, and I am sure you wouldn't have it any other way!

Back