• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can an outdoor bun become an indoor bun?

clarebear

Mama Doe
I hate Bramble being outside on his own, makes me feel so sad :cry: He does come inside the house, and seems to like it, but would he like it permantly? He's always been an outdoor bunny.

Can you get him a friend? That way they can stay living outside without getting lonely. I do think buns prefer being outside, or in a shed, but that's just my opinion. If you've got the time and energy to have a housebunny, and it's what you really want, give it a try.

Getting him a friend is an option yes, just a bit worried about the cost as I only work one day a week and the rest of the time I am self employed.

I wonder how he would react to a friend too, as he's always been on his own. He's not been 'done', so that would have to be sorted out first too!

If you are at home most of the time then maybe your bun would prefer inside with you as company :)

Yeah, its not ideal having one bunny, i had Kermit as a single house bun. I did feel bad that he never had a wife, but he was ill and couldnt go under GA to be neutered without high risks.
I would say that if you cant really afford to get your bun neutered and get a wife just now then having him indoors is probably the best. Means you can snuggle into him while watching TV :)
He can always go outside through the day for playtime.
Only thing to note is that if you have him indoors now, then you wont be able to change your mind and put him outside again for the winter as he wont be used to the cold.
Then you can get him a wife when you are able to.

Not sure that Simon wants Bramble in the house permanently. I'd love to get him a friend for company, I wouldn't feel so guilty then. What happens about bonding? Would a female be better than a male?

Back