• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wht breed is my rabbit

teresateddyb

Warren Scout
hiya could anyone tell me wht breed my rabbit is its the one in my avatar i have looked in books and one book i have called the world of the rabbit has a pic in it like my rabbit and they have called it a silver-blue i have tryed searching the net for other pics but cant seem to find any does anyone have a rabbit like mine

teresa

Haveyou got any bigger pictures? Also how old is your bun (i.e. is it still growing, or fully grown?) and how much does s/he weigh?

Where did you get the bun from? (added to Sky-O's questions)...and a bigger picture would help!

If you got him from P@H then he's probably a cross. To put an image up you need to go to photobucket and copy the URL and paste that between [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] (without the spaces)

OMG. i think he's a Argente de Champagne. Absolutley stunning, these buns are next on my list to have, they are gorgeous :love::love:

We can't really speculate on breed until he is fully grown, but marking wise he IS stunning.

I would suggest looking at http://www.thebrc.org/other-index.html under the 'silvered colours' bit. They describe each one, with the colour of the fur and what it should look like right to the skin, so that might help you work out the marking colour.

Certainly a stunning bun though! That's for sure!

thanks peeps i couldnt resist him when i saw him i fell in love his called teddy after the me to you bears i have never seen i bunster like him before either :love::love::love::love::love::love:

teresa

Thats a US website so I'm afraid has no bearing over here at all :) The UK Silver Fox is a different rabbit entirely!

OP your bunny is an Argente of some sort - either a Noir or a champagne - I hope its noir as champagnes are HUGE! they start off black as babies and silver up as they get older so in a few weeks hey will be enitrely silver with that lovely black undercoat when you blow into it. Beautiful.

OMG. i think he's a Argente de Champagne. Absolutley stunning, these buns are next on my list to have, they are gorgeous :love::love:

He looks a bit small for an Argente de Champagne, maybe he's a Argente Noir?
When he's older the dark bits on the head should start silvering and look like the rest :)

Back