• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

myxi jab

Have just booked my boy in for a myxi jab. He is 4 months old. Will he be unwell afterwards, how should I treat him when we get home. He is very new to me, so not completely happy about being handled. Am worried he will be distressed by the visit to the vet and will not like me anymore. How do I deal with any problems.

He will probably be upset about the trip, he may also feel a little bit off-colour for a day or so. I think the best thing to do is to just put him back where he usually lives and let him recover in as much peace as possible. Keep a close eye on him to make sure he is eating, drinking and pooing though.

G + P have always been fine with theirs - and they've had 24 between them now! He might go slightly off his food for the day, but that's all I should think.

Mine have always been fine, a bit moody for a few hours after they get home but that only because they don't like going to the vet x

Back