• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rain

Most rabbits don't mind getting a little wet and will simply sit out in the rain. However it's essential to make sure he has proper cover in his run so he has sowhere to hide if he is scared and to keep dry and warm if he wants to.

please could someone tell me - will my rabbit want to go out in its run today in the rain or would he rather stay in his hutch?

Can he go out into his run by himself and take himself back to his hutch if he wants to? are they attached?
If not, is the run weatherproof? Or does it have a tarpaulin over part of it and/or a little house or shelter box in the run?
If no shelter at all - then no he shouldn't go out, but I would suggest buying a clear plastic tarp/sheet to fix down for wet days and winter sunny days, and a coloured/dark one for summer use to keep the run in shade. All buns need daily exercise - perhaps it will dry up a bit later for a supervised run of the garden?
A little house with a roof felt lid works very well in an outside run to give bunny somwhere to go to get out of the rain. Some buns like rain and will sit in it - but it's not a good idea for them to get soaking wet and have nowhere dry to go.

Harley loves the rain, but Flash just acts as if the world is coming to an end, you should see the look he gives me! :lol:

I have covered the foster run with tarpauline so the ground doesn't get too wet.
They also have a carrier stuffed with hay in there for warmth.

Back