• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny from Kirkby

beki

Mama Doe
lookie!

DSC00924.jpg

he is so cute! he needs neutering and vaccinating so i am going to call the vets monday. Celia had only had him for a week. he is currently nameless because me and matt can't settle on a name.

I am really hoping ruby likes him. He is a bit scared at the moment but lets you pick him up (maybe out of fright!!? he doesn't struggle though and seems quite calm). Going to have to cut his nails later when i find my cutters. Not cut a bunnys nails for years so i hope he doesn't struggle! matt is rubbish at holding rabbits still so i probably won't get much help.

I am going to have a lot of bonding questions :) and i will ask the vet how quick they can get him in for neutering as i would prefer to get him bonded with ruby as quickly as possible.

He is in the house at the moment as I only have the one hutch outdoors, so he is getting aquainted with the cats who seem to think his veg bowl is more interesting than he is! Chloe has already givien him a nose kiss through the bars of the cage!

Just had him on the bed and he did the hugest big wee! ewww!

***edit to say he looks a bit scared on that pic! i will try and get relaxed pics later on :)

Awwwww hello again gorgeous little man :wave::love::love::love:

I'm sure you're going to be smitten with your new wifey & she'll love you to bits :) What bun could resist you? :love:

Yep Sue, definitely need a failed volunteers thread! :):lol:

yep! failed volunteers!

i would have taken more if i could. It has has taken me about 3 months to convince matt that ruby wanted a husbun, so maybe in 3 months they can have another friend!! lol!

he is still nameless, poor boy! going to pop him in the run in a bit after ruby has had her turn as after his big wee on the bed he isn't going on my beige carpets! i have enough stains from before ruby was litter trained! maybe Ruby can come in and he can go out! he is a good boy though, no waking me up at 5am like ruby did when she was in my bedroom after her spay. and he likes his food, scoffed a whole bowl of pellets within about an hour. I am going to ahve to change the feeding habits when theya re togehter, ruby doesn't eat pellets in the day, just at night, although i do put them down for her in the morning just in case, if he is going to scoff them i am going to have to put more down at night for her. She is going to ahev to learn to share her veg too.

He isn't vaccinated yet...so if i go near ruby, who is, will i have to change clothes or anything? don't know much about this kind of stuff.... Also can i let them sniff through the bars of the cage or run? or is it best to wait until he is neutered and not see her til then at all? i am wondering what might happen if she doesn't like him or he doesn't like her? i will then have to get 2 more bunnies!!! :shock:

does anyone have any name suggestions?

He just doesn't seem to suit my ideas! i wanted a frankie, but he doesn't look like a Frankie to me.

i have freddie, teddy, Victor, Chester, Dougal, Harry

but matt doesn't like my suggestions (apart from perhaps Dougal but he doesn't look that much like a Dougal)

I tend to call my pets people like names, I currently have Chloe, Mia (who also answers to Mimi) and Ruby.

he finally has a name! he is called Reggie. My BF chose it, he didn't like my choice of names :(

Little reggie likes his veggies and pellets, he also really likes being stroked. i am not sure he really knows what to do though when out of his cage....i think he is still a little nervous. poor boy.

Love his name Beki :D:D:D

Bless him, he'll come round with time - Annabelle is still so nervous, but is getting more trusting day by day :)

thanks :) i have more pics, better ones, got to uplaod them.

the cats seem to have taken quite a liking to him, perhaps because he doesn't chase them like ruby does! she is a terror! i really don't know what he is going to make of her. I know who will wear the trousers in their relationship when they meet!

he is going to the vets tues for his vaccinations (fully booked til then!!!) and i am going to ask them about getting him neutered.

Back