• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carpet munching deterant HELP

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
Jemima is insistant on digging up and chewing CERTAIN areas of carpet, mainly the doorways in the corners where the carpet meets the carpet holder downer metal strip thingy mabob.

We have already lamminated her bedroom, the carpet was destroyed.

We do NOT want to lamminate the whole house!!!

I have tried puttin towels down on the areas but she diggs the towels up and is even more agressive to the carpet!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

Have you tried entertaining her? Getting her to chew willow sticks, apple tree braches and wooden chews?

She has plenty of toys, tunnels etc and chew toys and willow ball (she totally ignored the willow sticks, no interest at all!)

I have just bought some puppy/dog/cat chew repeller and sprayed that on the carpet so I will see how that goes. Only problem is that it tastes horrible, so she might still dig at it!

I have tried to encourage her to dig outside but she is not interested! only in my carpet (corners of room)

Her carrot patch toy is destroyed, i think I may buy her another one but dont know where (I bought this off the simply k9 website ages go) shes no longer interested in it now that she has eaten all the edible bits.

i have exactly the same problem with doc i even tried squirting water i gave up as i just ended up with a soggy bun chewing carpet he is getting better it just constant telling off firm NO'S moving them etc he still does it but not as much

Tell me if Im talking out of my backside here, but my thoughts went straight to asking if shes speyed.
I had Mrs Bun speyed last yr and she doesnt dig anything..Is a lot more calmer, if you know what I mean.
If she is speyed, then I have no idea.....:roll::wave:

Yvette...did you know Jemima is Teddy's sister?!:D:D:D

I think this happens a lot with Burrow court females. Spaying will help...but might not stop it!

Post this on the journal...Bibi's mum might have an idea...she was a terror on the furpet and would dig it up all the time!

Good luck...and more pictures please! :D:D

Back