• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exclusive interviews with Kirkby Rescue bunnies

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
Hello everyone, my name is Chester, I was left at the rescue on Christmas Eve last year, I'm an old boy of about 7, my eyes are not very good because I have cataracts, my back legs get a little stiff because of my arthritus and I'm a snuffle bunny.
My hobbies are sleeping, eating, keeping up to date on RU and getting as much fuss and cuddles from my mum as possible.

011.jpg
086.jpg

Hi I'm Maverick,
015.jpg

I was left at the rescue after being at 3 different homes, they said I was a nasty boy and kept biting everyone. My mum says I'm just hyper:oops:
Chester: But Maverick didn't you bite mum once:oops:
Maverick: Yes, but she said it was her fault and I believe her.
Chester: Why did you bite her?
Maverick:She made me jump, she always talks to me and tells me what she's doing but she was in a hurry and opened the door and took my dish, so I jumped up and nipped her, I didn't think mummies said words like that:oops: there was only a little wound and not a lot of blood:roll:
Chester: What did you do then?
Maverick: I sulked, but she came and said sorry and I let her fuss me.
Chester: What are your hobbies?
Maverick: Being cute, eating, relaxing and driving the other girly buns wild with my good looks.

Hello my name is Tilly,
094-1.jpg

I was in the rescue a long time because I have problems with my teeth, I was with another bunny, but she didn't like me and bit me, I was very stressed and I have slight head tilt.

Chester: Mum says your fur has grown back now and you are very pretty:D
Tilly: When I came home I didn't like anyone looking at me because I looked funny so I kept hiding in the hutch, but mum kept giving me dandelion leaves to tempt me out, and telling me how beautiful I am and now I get so excited when I see her.
Chester: Do you still grunt at mum when she picks you up to check you?
Tilly: No, I like her to cuddle me and when she's not looking I snuggle under her chin, but don't tell her I like all the fuss.
Chester: What are your hobbies?
Tilly: Just playing and having lots of fuss and cuddles.

Hello I'm Harry
009-1.jpg

I hadn't been in the rescue long, but my eyes were very poorly, and my fur was all matted around them.

Chester: You live under the stairs don't you, and thump a lot in the night?
Harry: Yes, I play in the kitchen and Hallway, that wooden floor is great for sliding on.
Chester: Mum says you are a lot better and are going to live with Martha in the shed.
Harry: Yes, she's a real cutie, I've seen her when I played outside. Mum says I've got to lose my plums first, I don't think she knows what she's talking about, I keep running up and down as fast as I can, and when I look there still there, I don't fink I will ever lose them.
Chester: Come on Harry I think we need to have a little talk - especially about one of your main interests which involves mums pink slippers:oops:
Harry: I love mums slippers:love:

We have all been adopted from Kirkby Rescue, and we have a mummy and daddy that love us lots. I heard mummy talking and she said a lot of other bunnies have found forever homes now, so could I please see some photos of my friends.

Last edited:
Hello :wave::wave::D:D

Remember us??

frankieandBluebelle030-1.jpg

frankieandBluebelle035-1.jpg

Belle: We used to live in Kirkby
Frankie: Until we came to live with or mummy tooo weeks ago. and a lot has happened since then
Belle: Yes. mummy couldnt decide where whe should live. We were in a hutch on top, then on the bottom
Frankie: I liked the bottom, we had out own little play area
Belle: yes but all the space went to you head, and thos other bunnies. You started showing off an took a lump out of my ear. Bunny beater :evil:
Frankie: Yeah, but then mummy took us away from each other, I was sad :(
Belle: And I had an operashun, so I had to be inside, snuggly and warm
Frankie: Iwanted to be snuggly and warm. You know your lost without me!
Belle: I Needed spechel attenshun.
Frankie: I like special attension too. Anyway. Mummy put us back togeter and we were happy again
Belle:Today we got new friends and moved house again!!!
Frankie: yeah that Sophie is a bit of alrite

Belle:Anyway we are very happy right now, and we are becoming out of our shells, and getting used to mummy, and the strange food here
But we would both like to say hello to all our friends still at Kirkby and to all those that now have homes Hello:wave::wave:

Lots of love Belle and Frankie

bondingbunnies006.jpg

Looking at the bunsters and reading their interviews made me :cry:. I'm so glad they are with you now. :)

they seem very happy and contented. Frankie keeps doing flops, but I can't decide if they are happy flops, or the "you don't scare me" flops!

Awww so good to see these buns in great homes, well done HunnyBunny on taking on some of the needier buns from Kirkby, I bet they think there are in heaven :love: :love:

Awww so good to see these buns in great homes, well done HunnyBunny on taking on some of the needier buns from Kirkby, I bet they think there are in heaven :love: :love:

I'm not the only one thats done this - there are some great people on this forum that have given some of Kirkby buns a chance to have a happy life:D

I have only been to Kirkby once with the intention of adopting (this was my first visit) and I wanted a Harlequin, Beth (Brinsley Animal Rescue) had told me about Chester and said he wasn't well, so he came home with me, my daughter was with me and saw 2 bunnies, but wanted to check with her partner first, (so we went back 2 days later for them).
Then I went and saw Maverick who was supposingly aggressive, but I think he was frustrated, he is absolutely gorgeous, the photos don't do him justice and he's a big boy, I think he has French lop in him:love: He was my 30th wedding anniversary present:lol: See even my o/h has no control:lol:
Then when I went to help 3 weeks ago, we found Tilly and Harry, I know she has been there a while, her head tilt is hardly noticeable now, and she is so friendly, she had been fighting with her partner and I think this is what bought the head tilt on, she had wounds on the back of her neck and her back, the fur has nearly completely regrown.
Harry was still in quarantine and had been found on a park, his eyes were in an awful state and his fur was so matted, both he and Tilly have made fantastic progress and hopefully he's going to be castrated this week, with a view to bonding him either with Tilly or my Dutch girly Martha - so wish me luck.

The Simpsons:

minibuns-7388.jpg

Marge: Hello! We are 8 week old babies and mum and dad only adopted us yesterday.
Homer: We were not their first choice though. :(
Marge: No, we weren't; but as long as we have food, we don't care!
Homer: I heard dad on the phone to the 'vets' booking an appointment for 'vaccinations' and discussing 'neutering'. I wonder what all that's about :?
Marge: As I said, as long as I have food, I don't care!

Awwwwww look at all these uber cute bunnies!!!! :love::love::love:

Will get interviews with our 3 from Kirkby later today & post new pics :)

So lovely to see them all settled & doing well :D

aww i will have to do one of these...once nameless gets a name! can't have an interview if he has no name :)

Hello everyone, I'm Winston & I moved from Kirkby about 4 weeks ago to live with my mummy, daddy & lots of other lucky rescue buns.

Anyhows, mummy told me I had to do an interview for RU to let you know how I am getting on. Well I love it here I can tell you! I am a very spoilt housebun :)

I was parted from my plums a few weeks ago & when my hormones - what ever they are :? have died down, I'm going to be introduced to some new friends :) Mummy thinks she's going to let me meet Harry & Ruby & depending on how I behave I might get to live with them :)

I had to have my teeth burred when I had my op, as they were a bit of a mess - but mummy tells me, that if I eat lots of hay - then they might be ok & I might not have to go to the vets again :? I do love my hay, but I'm a bit funny about the Science Selective stuff she keeps trying to get me to eat! :?

DSCF4083.jpg

I'm Annabelle - I came to live here at the same time as Winston with my mummy Amelia.

I was very sad at the rescue, because I had been there since January 2007. For some reason, nobody liked me or mummy & wouldn't take us home :cry:

But now I am a very happy girl. I love being spoilt, but I am still a very nervous, quiet little girl. Mummy say's I'll come round in time. I have met a very handsome bunny called Noah :love: He's a big white bunny & keeps coming to sit at the side of my pen & blowing me bunny kisses through the bars :love: We had been living in the living room for a little while & Noah tried to dig the rug up to get in to be with me, he loves me that much! :shock: So mummy has had to buy a new rug!! :roll:

We've now moved into the kitchen so Noah doesn't dig up the new rug :?

DSCF4093.jpg

And finally I am Amelia, Annabelle's mummy.

Goodness am I glad or what that I came to live here?! No more living outside, good food, a wonderful cosy bed, space to exercise & even more important - medicine to help my old bones & gunky eyes :)

I've got really bad arthritis you know & at my age, I need my comforts!!

Mind you I don't care much for Noah! Who does he think he is making eyes at my daughter! :? I'm very protective of her you know & I don't want her going off with any old bun! :lol:

Well hope you like our new piccies. Fingers crossed that lots more of our bunny friends from Kirkby land on all four paws soon :D

DSCF4094.jpg

Last edited:
Well done to Sue, Denise and Amy on taking the neediest bunnies. :) I wouldn't have the guts to do it. :oops:

Back