• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe?

stuart567

Young Bun
Hi i am considering buying a Snugglesafe for my rabbit to keep him warm in his outside hutch ( Has Tarpaulin over until i get Hutch Cover) Does the Snugglesafe do the job and is it necessary?

Thanks to those that rely :D

I use a Snugglesafe in the outside hutches if it goes below zero or if the bunny is not 100%, other than that, if they are used to being outside and have loads of hay and places to snuggle, then there shouldn't really be a need (especially if they have a bondfriend to snuggle with). I have found it works well if I stand the water bowl on a heated snugglesafe because it prevents it freezing.

Having said that, its ALWAYS worth having one on hand.

When I use them I generally come down about 3am to reheat it because by then it's cool if I do it when I go to bed.

I bought a couple for my bunnies and they wouldn,t go near them:roll::lol::lol:
As long as the hutch is full of hay and straw i am sure your bunny will be fine:D

I give a snugglesafe to my buns when they are poorly, two of my buns get a snugglesafe every night and they are indoors. I find they keep warm for about 6-7 hours ( not sure if i'm heating them for long enough) and they do work.

If you have plenty of hay and warm bedding in your buns hutch plus the hutch being covered, he should be okay but I'm sure he would appreciate the extra warmth especially on colder nights.

I have never used a snugglesafe when my previous pair of bunnies were outside as they had each other and plenty of bedding to keep warm.

When the male passed away, I moved the (by this time) elderly female, Pebbles inside during the winter and used a snugglesafe to help keep her warm on the vets advice. She used to love it and would throw a strop when I took it out to re heat.

I agree it always worth keeping one handy, especially if they become unwell to keep them warm.

I don't really believe they are necessary. I live in Norway and temperatures go way bellow zero in the winter, yet my buns have always been save and warm in their hay/straw-filled hutches.
I only saw them once at a vet's once and I kept wondering if it wouldn't get TOO warm once fully heated and eventually freeze (seeing what happens when I give them hot water. It doesn't last long.)

Back