• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't understand their behaviour

Steexy

New Kit
I have 3 girls who are all related (mother and two daughters). A new little bunny has just been delivered to my house (I'm a softy, I'm already debating hutch space to adopt some from a rescue). Currently all 4 rabbits have been sitting on my sofa for about an hour. Fiesty seemed to take very well to the new one, Anya was quite indifferent and Tim was wary (she is Timmy timid after all). Since then I have have witnessed every type of behaviour I could imagine. They've all lay down close together. Tim has made some very quick little attacks to the new one, but only minor quick ones then they seperate usually before I've even got my hand over to tell them off. For example she just ran over and stomped her front pays infront of it then stopped. I've even seen Anya attack Tim (again a quick warning sort of thing). Tim seems to be the only one with any problem at all and she is normally very nice, and usually more frightened when not just mellow.

Non neutered, new one I don't know exactly but very young. Anya just over a year, Timora and Fiesty about 1 year. I'm mostly confused because they all seem to get on fine then something sets Tim off just for a second and I have no idea what (may possibly be food related)
Update: they all seem to be getting on really well now, all four were snuggled up for a while all though newbie did take a little run across sofa for unknown reason a few minutes ago, i think it's just a little jumpy.

Last edited:
Back