• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop is home....

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
.... but Strawberry is just chasing her round and round the crate! I washed it all first and he isnt being aggressive at all but he wants to sniff her bum and she doesnt want him to so she runs and he chases.

If it doesnt improve in an hour they will be spilt and I will do a longer term bonding as I dont want her to be too stressed.

*sending some 'Strawberry behave' ad some bonding vibes*

ETA, by the way, in my PM I didn't realise you were using the dog crate, so scrap the bit about making the area smaller, lol).

Can you try holding snowdrop so she can't run away, and letting Strawberry sniff her? I find this quite useful when Sweetpea was scared of Poppy, all Poppy wanted to do was have a sniff, holding them next to each other really helped. If it doesn't put them in the carrier together and walk around the house for a while

Can you try holding snowdrop so she can't run away, and letting Strawberry sniff her? I find this quite useful when Sweetpea was scared of Poppy, all Poppy wanted to do was have a sniff, holding them next to each other really helped. If it doesn't put them in the carrier together and walk around the house for a while

Thanks I will try this. Strawberry is just flopping out all the time but Snowdrop is scared of him and keeps running away. I guess she has been through alot so has probably forgotten him. He just needs to hump her a few times to show he is in charge and they will be fine again but she wont let him at the minute!

I put them both in the carrier for 15 mins and carried them round the house with me while I cleaned up which has calmed them down. I have put the carrier in the crate now so Snowdrop has somewhere to hide when he chases her and I think they will be ok given some time. Neither is aggressive at all, Strawberry just needs to remind her he is boss!

That sounds great :) Hopefully they are over the worst of it now and can settle down.

Madam is grunting at him and stamping her foot now which gets him more wound up!

Why cant they just give each other a cuddle and get on with it!

Maybe she is angry at him for not being around? Hopefully they will get it all out of their system and move on quickly. If only bunnies could talk.

Madam is grunting at him and stamping her foot now which gets him more wound up!

Sounds like the treatment my OH gets when I'm feeling a bit under the weather :lol:. Seriously though, hope they start to get along again soon. Could you try distracting them with their favourite treat?

Came upstairs earlier to find this.....
IMG00298-20091003-1746.jpg

I nearly had a heart attack. Thankfully she was just flaked out having a kip!

They are both now laid like this
IMG00300-20091003-1900.jpg
so I think they have made up!

Oh that's fantastic :D

That would have scared the c rap out of me to find a bun like that after all she has been through. Thank goodness it was only a happy sleep!

Hopefully your stress levels can decrease now :)

They are both back to normal again now. A little bit of chasing over night but Strawberry always chased her when food was around anyways so nothing new there! They have been having a few snuggles and Strawberry has groomed Snowdrop but not the other way round, which is how they lived before anyways!

Both are eating well and running about everywhere!

Back