• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel terrible......

capel

Warren Veteran
I went out at 8am to give the buns their morning pellets, but Bournville didn't appear, so I opened the top part of the hutch to see what the problem was and he wasn't there:shock: The hutch and run are totally secure so I knew he couldn't have escaped but he wasn't there!! I ran up in full panic mode to get Roger who came shooting down, then he noticed that the plastic pipe which they use as a tunnel was on the ramp wedged against the litter tray. Bournville was trapped inside. He'd been unable to get out as the litter tray was blocking the exit and because the pipe was on the ramp slope he couldn't reverse out as it was too slippy. He could have been stuck in there for up to 8 hours... He seems none the worse for wear and is eating and drinking normally. I must have left the pipe there yesterday when I was sweeping out the run..

Awwww poor Bourneville glad he is ok. Dont feel terrible though you are a fab bunny mummy it could easily happen to anyone

Don't beat yourself up, bunnies have a knack of getting into trouble.
At least he is none the worse for the experience.
I once lost 2 6 month old bunnies as they became wedged face-to-face in a tunnel I didn't realise they had outgrown. It was one of the worse days of my life- If only I'd removed it or even if I'd drilled air holes in it I might have found them in time :cry::cry:

Don't feel bad hun, it's not like you put him in the tube and forgot about him - he chose to get in it, silly old thing. And just as much as he could have been there 8 hours, he could have been there 5 minutes - don't assume the worst, you have no way of knowing!

Don't beat yourself up, bunnies have a knack of getting into trouble.
At least he is none the worse for the experience.
I once lost 2 6 month old bunnies as they became wedged face-to-face in a tunnel I didn't realise they had outgrown. It was one of the worse days of my life- If only I'd removed it or even if I'd drilled air holes in it I might have found them in time :cry::cry:

Oh my goodness..you poor soul. What a terrible thing to have happened. Such a freak accident. That's a good idea about drilling air holes in the plastic pipes though..I'd never have thought of it. Looks like rog has another job to add to his list. Our pipes are big though, but accidents can happen..

Don't feel bad hun, buns do these things to give us heart attacks I'm sure :lol:

Lily once got herself stuck upside down in a 4-inch gap down the back of the hutch - all my bunnies take to living on top of their hutches and at some point during the day when I was out at work she must have flopped and rolled too close to the back edge and rolled right down the back - all whilst I was out at work :shock::roll: We always said she must have been dropped on her head at birth, she was always so dippy and accident-prone but somehow managed to escape unhurt from everything :lol:

Thnk yoou everyone. I felt really wobbly for about 2 hrs after the discovery. Bournville, of course, seems totally unfazed by it all:roll:

So glad Bournville is safe and sound and catching up on his eating now :D That must have been quite a shock for you :(. We all do these sorts of things don't worry. I left a bowl of dilute disinfectant on the floor once and went to get something and came back to find Nino drinking from it! :shock::roll:

Lilbun how awful for you! :shock::cry:

Back