• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please let me be wrong/ back from vets

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:( :?

Larry our New Zealand White is poorly now :cry: I have been checking him constantly through the night.

He is showing symptoms that make me think he is having problems with his pylorus :( We lost his brother to the same problem in January and it is genetic in NZW :(

I just hope I am wrong and I am fearing the worse because of everything else that has happened this week :( Hopefully it could just be a dental thing but I don't think it is stasis. He is eating but only a few mouthfuls at a time and then leaving it. He has had is food bowl since 4pm yesterday and there is still some left. he has passed no poos and his stomach is getting larger and is really doughy :(

Larry is one of THE rew's and is the most wonderful, majestic bunny :love:

Last edited:
In the nicest possible way, I hope you're wrong too Liz. When is he going to the vet? What a nightmare time for you all. Please keep us updated.

I'll be thinking about you and seinding 'you're wrong' and 'get better quickly' vibes yours and his way.

Good luck at the vet. Hopefully it will be something minor and easy to fix. Will be thinking of you both at 11.

Steve is on his way there now armed with an A4 page of notes from me :oops:

There was no way I could get there today my head is so dizzy this morning :(

Either him or the vet will ring me during the consult if there is a problem. I am so nervous :(

Well it definately a stomch problem :( i was hoping he might just need a little dental.

he is still reasonably bright so we are trying some meds, including her magic herbal potions :lol:, for a couple of days to see if there is any improvement.

It is very difficult to diagnoses a problem with the pylorus with out opening them up for a proper look, which obviously I would never agree to.

Larry has had repeated bouts of stasis during the year and he was weighed today and has lost 700g in the last few months :( I wonder if some of that is loosing Lola, he has been very down since she went. I was actually planning to bond him on Monday but that will have to be put on hold now :(

Can your vet do an ultrasound scan (or refer) to visualise the pylorus without surgery? It might help to know exactly what you're dealing with, and hopefully show no significant narrowing and put your mind at ease.

Yes they have ultrasound at our vets :)

I will ask on Monday morning if there is no sign of improvement, thank you. I was going to ask for x-rays monday but know that it doesn't often show much with that type of problem.

Hope he gets better, sounds like he has a chance from your post. I tried googling pylorus with no luck. Last time I took my 7 year old to the vet she said her stomach felt odd and I need to take her back next week to see if there is any change but she didn't say exactly what she thought it was but I will definitely ask her when I take her back so I'm trying to find out about stomach conditions before I go so I can ask sensible questions

Hope he gets better, sounds like he has a chance from your post. I tried googling pylorus with no luck. Last time I took my 7 year old to the vet she said her stomach felt odd and I need to take her back next week to see if there is any change but she didn't say exactly what she thought it was but I will definitely ask her when I take her back so I'm trying to find out about stomach conditions before I go so I can ask sensible questions

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/pyloric.html

I'm hoping the vet's magic potion is really magic. Lots of vibes and a nose rub to the handsome man x

Get better soon Larry:wave:

Back