• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SO frustrated! U/D it's all fallen through :(

peediepixie

Mama Doe
I am looking for a new friend for Sammy after we tragically lost Willow this week:cry: There are NO rescues in Orkney. I have been looking for people advertising their rabbits for rehoming but nothing. I'd really like another baby rabbit as I find bonding baby rabbits with bigger rabbits tends to go very well. Also, after losing Willow at only 12 weeks, I feel I'd like a baby to fill the horrible empty space left behind by her. In all honesty, I just want Wllow back but I can't have that:cry:

Last edited:
What a shame they don,t have any rescues:cry:
So sorry you lost Willow:cry:
Hope you manage to get a friend for Sammy soon x

I was just thinking bunny run maybe? I know lots of rescues do this with help from people who may be coming near your way. Or you could arrange to meet somewhere in between maybe? Sorry to hear about Willow x

There are quite a few rescues in Aberdeen, the New Arc and PAWSS both do rehoming. You could ask if they would consider transporting a bunny up on the ferry, don't know what kind of facilities the ferry has but might be worth asking.

I've had a look but there are no babies in any of the rescues near me:( How is it that there are so many babies looking for homes, I can offer one but I'm too far away?! Argh!!!

I've found one!!!!! I'm so excited! I've not seen her but she is all black and is 7 weeks now, will be 8 weeks when I pick her up:D:D:D I get her next Friday:D I can't tell you how pleased I am! It's all a bit bittersweet but at least Sammy will have a friend again:love:

Thank you:wave: I put an ad up in the pet shop saying I was looking for a female rabbit of any age blah blah and this man phoned and said he had her and was looking for a home for her. Not sure exactly of the backround story but tbh, I'm just delighted to have found her at all:D.

I'm so pleased you've found a little bun.
I'm not surprised there are no rescues if you are in the Northern Isles. Shetlanders (would use peerie = little) cared for both domestic & wild animals so well there was no need for rescues.

The 'girl' I was going to be getting turns out to be a boy:cry: So I'm back to square one. I set up the bonding pen today and everything:cry:

I'd love to visit Orkney but not at the tail end o' the gale season with the Pentland Firth to cross. If you've nae pity on the "Sooth moothers" hae some pity on the buns that cannae pewk!!!
ETA OMG it nearly 30 years since I heard Shetland dialect!

Last edited:
Back