• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im getting up in 2.5hours to check on jose U/D Post 112 - SHE'S HOME!!!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
she's still not eaten or drank apart from what ive syringed into her, plus there have been no poo's :-( back to the vets in the morning for us if there's no improvement :-(

Last edited:
lots of eating vibes. I was really lucky with Belle last week, first thing she did was eat!!

Come on little girly, your mummy needs you to eat :D

Sooty didnt eat either until well into the next day though she did drink alot. Have you tried wet dandelion leaves - these went down a treat with mine and will hydrate aswell!!

Good Luck try not to panic too much :love:

Sooty didnt eat either until well into the next day though she did drink alot. Have you tried wet dandelion leaves - these went down a treat with mine and will hydrate aswell!!

Good Luck try not to panic too much :love:
we dont have any dandelion leaves in our garden, its in a right state, plus she's never really been a fan of them. Ive just been in to see her and she's the same as last night :-( ive managed to syringe some water into her, but its like she's holding it in her mouth?

How's she doing this morning? My girls never ate/poo'd/wee'd for about 24 hours after they were spayed.

Have you got some pain relief for her?

How's she doing this morning? My girls never ate/poo'd/wee'd for about 24 hours after they were spayed.

Have you got some pain relief for her?

Well she's had a wee this morning in her litter tray (yesterday she just wee'd on the blanket :roll:) and her nose is twitching a bit more (it wasnt twitching at all yesterday) so I spose those are good signs. But she's still not eating, drinking (unless i syringe it) or pooing :(

I'm going to ring the vets when they open

She walks about fine when she wants to and she's managed to jump up onto and down off the settee with no problems, but most of the time she's just sitting in her bed doing nothing :(

and i asked the vet last night abut pain relief and she said that Jose would have been given a cocktail of different thins e.g anti imflammatories etc

I hope she'll be ok. The vet said yesterday that if she hasnt eaten by this morning then we should take her back in to be looked at. Is there anything they can give her to get her eating?

I hope she'll be ok. The vet said yesterday that if she hasnt eaten by this morning then we should take her back in to be looked at. Is there anything they can give her to get her eating?

Try her on some gratted carrot, gratted apple, some Dandelion leaves, herbs such as Basil or Corriander

I would not let her jump up onto of off of the settee at this stage. She needs time to heal internally aswell as externally :)

Try her on some gratted carrot, gratted apple, some Dandelion leaves, herbs such as Basil or Corriander

I would not let her jump up onto of off of the settee at this stage. She needs time to heal internally aswell as externally :)

I've tried her on basil but she wasnt interested (she usually wolfs it down) and our garden is in the middle of being gutted so have no dandelion leaves :( but i'll try her on the grated carrot and apple :D

(we didnt let her jump up and down off the settee on purpose, she wriggled out of her blankets and decided to go for a hop around - she can still move quickly even when she's feeling under the weather :lol: I had trouble catching her and i was more cautious about picking her up because of her wound so it took me a while)

Try some apple:) Really wave it under her nose:lol:

When Amber wasn't pooing i rang the vet and they said to leave it a couple more hours. Still nothing so i rang again and they said to bring her in. I got off the phone, checked on Amber and there they were - a big mound of bunny bumbles!

If you are worried, ring the vet as soon as it opens - you know your bun best.

Try some apple:) Really wave it under her nose:lol:

When Amber wasn't pooing i rang the vet and they said to leave it a couple more hours. Still nothing so i rang again and they said to bring her in. I got off the phone, checked on Amber and there they were - a big mound of bunny bumbles!

If you are worried, ring the vet as soon as it opens - you know your bun best.

I tried waving every food/treat that she usually eats under her nose and she just turns her head away :(

I'm taking her to the vets at 9.30

Fingers crossed!

Bunnie eh? They really are there to try us:)

Come on Jose, start eating a bit for mummy.

I'm sure she'll be fine. I do have a theory that after a GA their habbits and tastes change a little for a bit afterwards. Amber turned her nose up at her favourite foods and went for the things she used to leave until last.

Watercress always goes down well after GA i find too.

Good Luck at the vets, i'm sure she'll be fine. It is still early days really;) x

Good luck at the vets this morning!

Did you bring her home the same day she was speyed? The only time I had a bun speyed they kept her in that night and wouldn't let me take her home until about 11am the following morning after they'd given her a second shot of painkiller, it was standard procedure for that particular vets. Hopefully she just needs an extra boost to take the edge away and then she can start stuffing her face and you'll be running out of food before you know it :wave:

i tried feeding her but she wouldnt have any of it. i managed to get some recovery food inside her last night, but not much

what will they do help her? i never asked :(

Back