• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherry - thinking out loud

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Cherry is driving me mad!

Ive been give fibreplex, and she did put weight on, whilst on it, but now she is off it she just desn't seem to be keeping the weight on.

I still think it is bad teeth :( but she has had 3 lots of checks, and nothing shows :( She still isn't eating hay.

I am on day 5 of panacuring all the buns, as a preventative, or to get ahead :?

Got an appointment on Monday with my regular vet, but although good at the general stuff, im not sure on her 'rabbit' skills, but Ive only ever been for check ups and vaccs, so I guess we will see on Monday.

I was thinking of having pain killer/ bloods and / or xrays just for peace of mind that I am doing everything for her.

I just wish bunnies could talk...I couldn't bare to loose another bunny, not so soon after Autumn.

her poohs look 'normal', just not golden, and a little smaller than my health guys. I am giving her lots of greens, which she will eat, along with pellets.

At the minute, yes she is pot bellied with a pointed spine. There is also significant wastage on her back legs.

I wouldn't say she is drinking a lot, no.

There doesn't seem to be an improvement on panacur, which I saw when Charlie was loosing weight, but then it is only 5 days and I noticed improvements at 7-10 days

She was Spayed about 6 weeks ago, but looked to be recovering fine until she had her VHD. After that she had a skin reaction with scabbing of around 1inch by 1cm. Then lost significant weight. Vet prescribed Fibreplex

Something that might be worth a try as an interim until you can find out the cause is using Nutrical to help boost her up and keep the weight on and up. It's for dogs and cats but can be sued fine and safely in rabbits. Just a pea size amount twice a day-although it does taste of beef and whilst some buns love this, others hate it with a passion.

can it be treated, just looked on some websites, some of the symptomes are her, some are not but gives no prognosis :(

was her spey normal or were any tumours found as a ridged spine can be a sign of cancer..really hope it is nothing serious

Back