• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

syringe feeding a rabbit is not easy!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
poor jose now has recovery food all round her mouth lol. But at least she's eaten some of it and ive managed to get some water in her too :) will try her with seconds later. She was wrapped in a blanket on the floor and she started to get a bit agitated with me, so she decided to wriggle out of the blanket and go for a hop around the living room - she was difficult to get back in her cage, so id say she's feeling better :) :)

I guess this is a silly thing to say but have you tried all the usual delights? Mischa hated recovery food during his EC but was I still able to tempt im with some other stuff and then he got his appetite back.

It's a nightmare isn't it? When I had to syringe Louie when his tummy stopped working, we all ended up covered in it, even the tiles on the kitchen wall!

Good Luck!

It's a nightmare isn't it? When I had to syringe Louie when his tummy stopped working, we all ended up covered in it, even the tiles on the kitchen wall!

Good Luck!
We were the same:shock:
It really is not easy.

I guess this is a silly thing to say but have you tried all the usual delights? Mischa hated recovery food during his EC but was I still able to tempt im with some other stuff and then he got his appetite back.

Yeah ive tried her with every different type of treat that ive got and she's not interested in any of them. She seemed ok eating the recovery food tho thankfully. Im gonna try round 2 in a bit :)

What have you tempted her with? For my girls it has always been herbs. I make sure they are soaked in water to help re-hydrate them. Also offer tepid water in a bowl, this has helped witha few of mine :D

What have you tempted her with? For my girls it has always been herbs. I make sure they are soaked in water to help re-hydrate them. Also offer tepid water in a bowl, this has helped witha few of mine :D

Fenugreek crunchies, these green roll crispy things, pellets, dried banana crisps, curly kale, carrot and basil (which she normally wolfs down)

Hopefully she'll be eating by the morning, if not, its back to the vets :roll:

Back