• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice please

sazzy

Warren Veteran
Can i please pick your brains i'm abit worried about honey we lost harley on the 14th september and honey is not happy she is hardly eating anything nibbling on hay and pellets she will eat veg and she will eat a bit of porridge but she has lost so much weight she has been to the vets and they can't find anything wrong so we have put it down to her still grieving for harley. I have got a new friend for her harry but he needs to be neautered so can't go in with honey yet as she isn't spayed yet when i put harry in the run honey spends all her time lying next to harry against the run and she seems happier but your looking at 2 months before they can go together.

Is there anything i can give honey to bulk her up abit she is looking so thin and i'm worried as it's starting to get rather cold now aswell

thanks

You could get her spayed (so long as the vet thinks she is fit) and she would be OK once recovered to go with him - maybe about 3/4 weeks after spay (someone may be able to advise better than me). Spaying has health benefits too.

You could try putting a cuddly toy in with her for now as company until Harry can go in with her.

With regards to eating, just buy a selection of food to tempt her as best you can. Are they in a cage next to each other all the time?

she was due to be spayed but she has lost o much weight now to be done she needs to put weight back on. She has a cuddley toy. there not next to each other as honey is a out door bun and harry is a indoor bun and i have no room or cage to bring her in plus she hate being in the house

she was due to be spayed but she has lost o much weight now to be done she needs to put weight back on. She has a cuddley toy. there not next to each other as honey is a out door bun and harry is a indoor bun and i have no room or cage to bring her in plus she hate being in the house

If she is really loosing lots of weight I would bring her in anyway. Have one on a huge dog crate and the other running free.

If she is really loosing lots of weight I would bring her in anyway. Have one on a huge dog crate and the other running free.

I was just about to say something similar. She may prefer to be inside if there is another bunny in there for company (and you of course).

Back