• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you have the habit of....

erm...no:shock::shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:...why would I do that every day?!!:roll:

Black bun, white sleep...can't help but get the cotton buds out! (not like that with scabs though!)

That is slightly odd. Not sure it's a good idea either, I wouldn't put anything near their eyes unless I had to, given there could be germs around or they could jump and get injured :?

all mine sit a piece for me to do it. theres germs everywhere any way, plus if left in the corner of the eye i'd imagine it would do more harm than good.

I do it with my two, and i done it with Kermit.
They all let me no probs, so i presume they prefer it out!!

Never done this to the rabbits, they don't really enjoy their eyes being touched...
I do clean one of my cats eyes quite regularly though. He's the messiest cat ever and doesn't bother. He has a white face and the gunky brown sleep stuff looks horrible against it XD

I have an example picture; note the eye on the left - eeeew! I just can't help myself.. lol

I do this all the time, I hate it in their eyes. I read somewhere they enjoy it too! :D.. I thought i was the only one! I call them Eye-bogeys :lol::lol:

I do it with Bella as hers has a lightish colour that looks terrible against the black. She really doesn't mind. :lol:

Yes I do, but usually they clean it out for each other so I don't very often. I very gently move it and I don't touch their actual eyes or ducts at all.

I do, if they want me to, and those that let me, love it. I get lots of tooth purs for my trouble.

I find its hair and whenever they moult it gets far worse and when they are not in moult there is hardly anything there.

I do it to Deej pretty much every day, making sure he has no eye bogie's, dried sleep or bits of hay or anything else that could get in his eyes and make them sore. He's perfectly happy about it, it's part of me grooming him and giving him lots of nose rubs and kisses! poor snuggle bun that he is! :D

Back