• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quickthorns Gone

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
I don't want to post on the Rainbow Bridge as I don't want it tobe real. I feel so awful. I'm all alone and he just went half and hour ago. On Thursday I found him on his side, and then he moved but onto his other side - and then stopped eating and of course he was straight down the vets and since then we've been support feeding etc and pain killer and yesterday stared Lapizole just in case it was EC and tilt was going to start. No-one could see anything physically wrobg at all.
- but he never seemed to really take it all in - even when we picked him up and held him - even though they could find nothing wrong with him. Two nights ago I satyed with him all night, then last night it was steve - then this morning we both had to go out and when I got back his poor little face was between the bars of the cage - he was resting his chin on the bar and laying very still - and when I picked him up he sort of fitted and rolled - and then died in my arms 5 minutes later before I could get to the vet (I had just got to the car).

I feel so bad - it was like he was waiting for me to come home before he could go - but his face looked like it had all been such an effort to wait. he was only 6 and we just got him from rescue in June this year - he was a huge huge character and so intelligent - Caroline Collings had called him Biggles and we called him Quickthorn. I loved him so much and I hope he knew that even though he was one of so many here. I can't believe he's gone. We thought he would be with us for years.
I just don't know what happened.

Here he is on the right with his wifebun Thistle who he loved . . . this is her second loss this year as she was with Sweet Pea our very elderly gent who had to leave us in May as his time had come.

I feel so bad - seems so silly tobe typing but I'm all alone. I just want to see his lovely face again and not the image of it desperately waiting for me.

IMG_0019.jpg

i'm so sorry for your loss, he must have really loved you for Ralph did the same with me. waited till i came home cos he knew i'd love him and be with him. RIP quickthorn :cry:

So sorry about Quickthorn. When Minstrel died he waited for me to get home from a meeting and died in my arms within 5 mins of getting home. It's lovely to think they want us there to help them to the bridge, and it helped me at the time. Binky free Quickthorn xx Big hugs for you too xx

I'm so sorry Twigs, but glad he was able to hang on long enough for you to be with him. Although I know that is no comfort for you at the moment I hope it will be in the future.

I didn't realise that Quickthorn was Biggles, I looked at him so many times on RR. I am so pleased he was able to spend his final months with you.

Take care xx

I am so very very sorry to hear about Quickthorn. He waited for the person he really loved most before moving on to the bridge.

Sending hugs to you - binky free gorgeous Quickthorn x

Oh no I can't believe it :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss today :cry: I think he waited for you because he knew you loved him and he wanted to feel safe before he passed. My childhood bun waited for me and died in my arms and even though it was so awful at the time it gave me comfort that I could be with her at the end. I'm so sorry, RIP Quickthorn. Will be thinking of you today. :cry:

I'm so sorry about Quickthorn! I'm sure you did everything possible to help him. Don't feel bad and try to remember all the good times you had!

Thinking of you!

Poor wee soul. RIP little man x
Hugs for you, you have been through so much lately xx

I'm really sorry to hear this. :cry: How awful for you. It certainly doesn't seem silly to be typing at all.

Thinking of you x

I completely sympathise - a similar thing happened to me with Hugo a few weeks ago, I was meant to be out all day but decided to go home at the last minute, Hugo hadn't been ill but started coughing, I picked him up and he died in my arms of a suspected heart attack,he was rushed to the vet but he was gone :( I like to think Hugo somehow changed my mind that day so I was with him when he went. Quickthorn waited for you because he loved you. It is so difficult to think of anything positive in this situation but he had a good life with you, albeit too short, but he knew love up until his last moments in this life, which is something some poor buns can only dream of. Sending loads of hugs to you at this awful time :( Rest in Peace beautiful Quickthorn :cry:

Back