• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is PEW different from REW?

peediepixie

Mama Doe
As the title says really! Are pink eyed whites actually different from REW's? Or are they both the same thing? Sorry if that's adaft question!

Some people say Pink eyed White or Pale eyed White.
I have two fosters here at the moment who are PEW. They're eyes are crystal blue with a tinge of light lilacy pink.

Lilac had pink eyes
DSCF0380.jpg

I went to see some babies today and some had obviously red eyes but the one I liked had more bluey eyes around the edges with pinky i the middle. So do you get Pink Eyed Whites at all, or are they all called Red Eyed Whites? I should have made my question a bit clearer, sorry!

So is the one I described above (bluey around the edge with a pinky/red in the middle) considered to be a PEW then?:)

ETA- Brian is gorgeous:love:

As far as I am aware, in rabbits it is called REW (red eyed white) and PEW (pink eyed white) in guinea pigs - I have a Pink Eyed golden satin golden guinea pig, her eyes are the same colour as rabbits with red eyes, think it is just different terminology for the different animals.

I've seen some PEW nethies from Germany. They look very different to our REW's. Have to say, it looked very scary though :shock:

I went to see some babies today and some had obviously red eyes but the one I liked had more bluey eyes around the edges with pinky i the middle. So do you get Pink Eyed Whites at all, or are they all called Red Eyed Whites? I should have made my question a bit clearer, sorry!

The Blue-eyed whites, the ones with the blue iris, do often have a ruby glow to their pupil part, this will be even more prominent if there is red-eyed-white in the genes (which there clearly is if they have REW litter mates).

Back