• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think we've had an abandonment(pics added p2)

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Why oh why do people do it:cry: Have had a gorgeous BEW staying since April was due to be picked up last week and the owners never came nor have they been in touch. The number they gave me is no longer available. I called their friend who bought them over with the rabbit and he hasn't heard from them in months, says even their email address is bouncing and the numbers he has for them are not available.
I will give them until Monday in accordance with our terms and conditions and then this gorgeous little guy will need a new home as sadly he cant stay here permanently.
Why do people do it :(

Last edited:
thats awful but maybe something has happened to the family it's strange that even their friend hasn't heard from them.

Oh bless him ~ the poor little mite. I hope his family do turn up for him, it's possible that something unfortunate may have happened to them but there's just no way of knowing. Maybe they just skipped the country and just didn't tell anyone :shock:

At least if it is an abandonment, they left their bun with someone and didn't just leave it in their back yard, but I hope that you're not left out of pocket by caring for him :?

:shock: thats shocking. maybe they have just skipped country. shame they couldn't have at least sent you a message.

Not ideal, but at least they left bunster with you.
My Herbie was left in his back garden when his first owners left, now he has no front teeth due to them overgrowing!

Anything could have happened. If they are abroad then their phones probably wouldn't work, and anything could have happened to them.

Oh no. How sad for the little mite. I know it doesn't bring him a new owner, but I hope they paid you in advance??!!

Oh no. How sad for the little mite. I know it doesn't bring him a new owner, but I hope they paid you in advance??!!

They gave us half up front as it was for such a long time and was going to send monthly cheques, but no suprise they have never been received. They owe us quite a bit of money, but at the moment we are more concerned in finding this gorgeous guy a new home after next week if they dont contact us. I have posted a letter to their last known address today giving them notice.

is this the little bun i saw when we picked up nemo in june? :(

Yes it is Angie, the one that arrived in that tiny indoor cage and I was told that is actually it's home:censored: He reminds me of Zorro that you had a while ago. I'm kind of thinking it's not such a bad thing they haven't collected him if he was going back to a life in that.

Anyway for all those who have asked here is the gorgeous "One" (name given to him by his owners)

HHOne2.jpg

HHOne1.jpg

Oh he is absolutely gorgeous - those eyes are stunning! I hope he can get a nice forever home as it doesn't sound like his owners are going to come back for him :(

Back