• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woohoo im on Telly 9 oct/updated with details when

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
im on telly well not quite Baby is lol its on
9 Oct 2009
09:25–09:50
CBBC
Program is Animals at Work.
I cant wait to see her :D

Last edited:
im on telly well not quite Baby is lol its on
9 Oct 2009
09:25–09:50
CBBC
Program is Animals at Work.
I cant wait to see her :D

Haha, cool :)
Is she doing rabbit jumping? CBBC contacted me about it a while ago for this, but they stopped filming in November and there aren't any rabbit jumping competitions untill next year.

Just seen it, what a great video :)
But how cheesy is that presenter :shock::lol:

I still don't know how I managed to miss a film crew, I was there Friday to Sunday.

Last edited:
OH MY GOSH. just watched it on BBC i player.

Thise poor rabbits having to live in that :censored: breeders hutches, they can't have been bigger than 3ft!!!! What sort of message is this giving out to children, that you can turn your rabbits around like that, and handle them so arressively like they do at those 'show tables'

sorry, i thought it was disgusting!!!

OH MY GOSH. just watched it on BBC i player.

Thise poor rabbits having to live in that :censored: breeders hutches, they can't have been bigger than 3ft!!!! What sort of message is this giving out to children, that you can turn your rabbits around like that, and handle them so arressively like they do at those 'show tables'

sorry, i thought it was disgusting!!!

Im almost tempted to write a letter about that first bit, the BBC clearly have no idea about rabbit welfare, its all well that they show the buns on the grass but they should not be showing those hutches, showing children that small hutches are ok... they have to be careful what they are showing to children!! Argh!

Umm... where were you??

I've submitted a complaint, you can do it online - if you go to contact us on the BBC website and follow the links through you can do it there.

Not only were those hutches unsuitably sized and setting a poor example to children, the group of long haired rabbits were clearly not bonded and were fighting in the garden pen. There was also a lot of talk about turning rabbits upside down and needing to practice this. I can just forsee lots of kids going out and trancing their rabbits now :roll:

Not only were those hutches unsuitably sized and setting a poor example to children, the group of long haired rabbits were clearly not bonded and were fighting in the garden pen. There was also a lot of talk about turning rabbits upside down and needing to practice this. I can just forsee lots of kids going out and trancing their rabbits now :roll:

Agreed.

:roll: :roll:

When I saw those rabbits being turned over, i instantly thought of young children trying to do it. :? Not a good example really.
Also the brother and sister, when they were out - the male took alot of notice to the sister!

What angered me the most though, was the tiny cages and the tiny dot on her ear.. :roll: makes me wonder what he will do with that gorgeous bunny now.

I thought the show handling was :censored: awful :evil:

I wish the Hotot Doe had given the judge a :censored: good kick in the :censored:

She obviously HATED being shown :cry:
But you can bet your bottom dollar the idiot will keep forcing her into it :censored:

As for the poxy hutches :censored:

All in all a dreadful animal welfare message to put across to children and the BBC are about to hear from me too

:censored:

I thought the show handling was :censored: awful :evil:

I wish the Hotot Doe had given the judge a :censored: good kick in the :censored:

She obviously HATED being shown :cry:
But you can bet your bottom dollar the idiot will keep forcing her into it :censored:

As for the poxy hutches :censored:

All in all a dreadful animal welfare message to put across to children and the BBC are about to hear from me too

:censored:

will she be allowed though? As she was disqualified at that show because of a tiny dot on her ear? :? So I take it, the breed standard is to be all white apart from the black eyeliner..?

So glad I saved Rimmi from a life of being shown :cry:

Rabbits have to be 'whole' in order to be shown (or so I believe) so I am not surprised at the fighting or over interest.... why do they have to be turned over... I hope no kiddies try this at home... I am imagine the buns being dropped on their heads or backs ! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

What a BAD choice from the BBC... they are so stupid, am off to complain online now....

will she be allowed though? As she was disqualified at that show because of a tiny dot on her ear? :? So I take it, the breed standard is to be all white apart from the black eyeliner..?

Guess it depends of whether he bleaches it or how much the judge at the time notices....

Also I am pretty certain one of the Hotots had a sore toe. It looked very red to me :cry:

Many of the Rabbits at the show had very raised respiratory rates due to stress :cry:

'Tom' said his Hotot Buck was 'very relaxed'.......Errrrrrrmmm no you muppet, he is breathing so fast he might expire:cry: He's co-operative cos he's scared'....:cry:

I wish I'd never of mentioned it now,

Firstly, for most of the film, the rabbits were out in runs. Yes the hutches are small, but at least it tells people that they need exercise. The people that watched anyway, it may have been CBBC but at that time most kids will of been at school.

It does seem a bit agressive the way they are handled at shows, but the rabbits are used to it, and I've seen plenty of people handle their rabbits roughly. I'm not the most gentle with mine, because if I am they will jump out of my arms or off the table.

The hotot was disqualified for the black spot, as it's against the breed standard. The rabbit will probably be shown hoping no one will notice, or used as a breeding doe. It was her first show, and I don't think the owner had really gotten her used to the trancing.

I stewarded a lot of rabbits at London, and they were all very relaxed, even with the handling.

Yes the Rabbits were out in runs but the cashmeres were all fighting !!

Next we'll have kids oragnising 'Bunny Boxing Competitions'..........:roll:

Its completely un-necessary to be 'rough' when handling a Rabbit.

Yes the Rabbits were out in runs but the cashmeres were all fighting !!

Next we'll have kids oragnising 'Bunny Boxing Competitions'..........:roll:

Its completely un-necessary to be 'rough' when handling a Rabbit.

Yes, I think it is wrong to let them out together like that, as it was obvious they were scrapping.

If I handle my rabbits very gently, they learn that they can easily climb out of my arms and jump off. If they are on a judging table and aren't handled firmly enough, they run off and try jump off the table. Yes rabbits are fragile, but there is no need to handle them like they're butterflys.

And as for judges, I have notcied that some (Mainly the older men) tend to be quite rough with rabbits. I stewarded for the judge in the video, he did seem a little rough with the rabbits, but none were panicing or scared. He got everything done quickly so the rabbits could go back to their pens as soon as possible.

Personally I cannot understand why people want to show their rabbits. I genuinely find it difficult to comprehend what enjoyment can be obtained from taking a bunny into an inevitably stressful environment to have someone judge their 'quality' against a breed standard.

I know there are people on here who show and apologies that I am about to offend you - but why on earth if you genuinely love your bunnies would you put them through the kind of ordeal shown on that programme or care at all whether or not they conform to a standard? Surely their health, happiness and wellbeing is more important, and you can do your best to make sure you fulfill those needs without reference to a judge brandishing a rosette.

I think both my bunnies are beautiful and no amount of awards would increase my love for them or make me value them anymore than I do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back