• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BEW, REW and poor eye sight

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Since I moved the outhouse around after cleaning last night. I have noticed Belle bumps into things, or follows Frankie nose to tail.

Sophie has a REW history and does scan, so that is nothing unusual, although a little scary when she does it, but I am not sure if Belle is the same, or worse a little blind, bumping into things.

Are there any tests I the vet/ can do?

Is there anything I can do to make her life easier? other than moving things around

Your vet should be able to look at her eyes with the opthalmoscopey thingy and see if the retinas reflect light. I asked my vet about assessing my buns sight too and he said if she bumps into things then she probably does have sight problems.

I just have to keep things in the same layout for her but she finds her way around the garden amazingly! (most of the time - sometime she just freezes and has to be taken home for the night)

Bailey has sight probs, his eyes do reflect to light and the vet said the only other test would be an MRI. I don't really want to put him through this though as he's perfectly happy, he just uses his nose to navigate more than my sighted buns do.

Back