• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my angora lionhead is always scared of me :(

v6bronco2

New Kit
It's pretty much what the title says. Every time i try to pick up my bunny he runs away from me, and even when I get close to his hutch he sort of gets startled. I built a 48" by 24" hutch with 2 levels, a ladder-ramp, and an enclosure, I keep lots of hay inside, he always has food, and he has things to chew on (although he rarely does chew on them :/), and I always have strawberry leaves and vegetables in his cage just incase he wants a change of diet, so i think he's happy with his living situation.I'm thinking he might memory problems :p, because when I finally catch him and put him on me he just chills out, and licks my face a lot, and is very calm. Does anyone know what I can do to make him more friendly?:love:

Last edited:
How long have you had him? Does he live alone outside?

Bunnies are prey animals, so basically hes scared when you approach him. You need to build up his trust in you. Get down to his level, sit next to his hutch on a chair and talk to him, offer him treats out your hand... i spend hours of my life doing this with foster bunnies! Eventually he will trust you enough to sit to be fussed, then gradually he may trust you enough to hop onto your lap from his hutch :) This does take time and patience though.

Saying this, bunnies live best in pairs and prefer company of their own kind :)

I hope this helps? xXx

he sounds like matthew. matthew will run if i sing his cuddling song, but if picked up and cuddled he shows every sign of loving it and objects to being put down. tabitha has a cuddling song too. i sing so that they know what to expect - and if they really object, they don't get cuddled! tabby wants to keep her feet on the ground while having her nose rubbed, and not be picked up. when i'm about to put them back, i give them three gentle squeezes, so that they know its time to stop. no solutions to offer to your problem though, just stick with it.

Back