• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angora lionhead temperature requirements?

v6bronco2

New Kit
So I have an angora Lionhead rabbit (view avatar), and I just built him a hutch with an enclosure so he can stay outside. I live in British Columbia, Canada on Vancouver Island, and I was just wondering what the lowest temperature my rabbit can handle and be comfortable with. If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful. :)
Grant

well rabbits do thrive better in a colder climates. but i'm really not sure how cold it gets where you are, like any animal the will require heat. you can get brilliant snuggle heat pads which will keep him warm, plenty of hay and company. you could maybe get him a wee friend when he's neutured. very hard to see you pic but he looks like a fluff ball. very cute. how old is your bun? o sorry just another wee point if it's windy where you live just make sure he has adequate shelter from cold winds. ;)

He's about 9 or 10 months old right now, and his hutch is in my back yard where it's very sheltered. I covered his hutch on one side with cedar planks to provide better shelter as well. As for the temperature, it rarely goes below -5 in the winter. soooo? :p

I have an AngoraXLionhead :love:
He's 7 years old and has decided that he'll start to live his life to the full now!

yeah i would maybe get a snuggle heat just incase, you can also get bottle huggers which stop the water freezing and as long as he has plenty of shelter. just keep a constant check on him throughout the winter. mine live in a shed which i put the heater on to warm up so mine have never really faced alot of cold. you'll know yourself if it's too cold for you it's probably too cold for your bun ;)

Back