• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rebonding Strawberry and Snowdrop

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
When we get Snowdrop back on Saturday can I put them together in their crate and observe them for the day or is it safer to totally clean everything and rebond on a neutral territory?

Jsut through my bad experience last week, I would say bond on neutral territory.
My two had been apart for four days, and now won't have anything to do with each other. With hindsight, I should have rebonded on neutral territory.
I am sure more experienced people will have a better answer...good luck

To be honest (and I know this isnt the right way to do it) but they werent bonded on neutral territory to begin with! With Strawbs being a house bunny I didnt have a room he had never been in so just used the room he had been in least to bond them in. I cleaned the NIC cubes with fairy liquid and that was it. When I let them free range I didnt move or neutralise anything!

I am hoping I can try them together on Saturday and if there is any tension I will separate them and rebond on neutral ground (will have to send them to my mums for the weekend).

Strawberry is still missing Snowdrop and very down in himself so hopefully he will be glad to see her again.

Could you take him to pick her up and then bring them back in the same carrier?

Yeh I could do. Part of the reason for not taking him was that he gets stressed in the car but I think if its going to help sort the bonding out then I could do it.

It would be a 3-4 hour round trip though.

Back