• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ermergency guys it's theo U/D good news

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
just brought ted and theo out for exercise there and theo is carrying his left paw. theres fluid round the elbow too :cry: not good, he was struggling a bit last night and i just hope i haven't hurt him holding him. he starting kicking alot and i didn't want him jumping off the table but i'm thinking whislt he was kicking his hurt himself :cry: phoned the vets there and he said if he's eating okay for tonight then just bring him in in the morning. i'm so annoyed with myself. he's putting weight on it whilst standing but lifts it when he runs about. any advice?

Last edited:
I would try to remove anything he can climb and give him a soft covering to walk on if possible.

Keep an eye on him and just try to keep him eating.

Lots of vibes

FC x

yeah was thinking i'll lift their house out. he was running about grand this morning. wish i had got him out early then i would have been able to take him straight away. aw feel sick. :cry:

well he used his paw there to clean his face so hoping thats a good sign. he can stretch and move just not put any weight on it. put him to bed and he was munching away on his greens. feel like such a crappy bunny mum. can't believe i missed that. :(

emerbency guys its theo

I had this happen to one of my bunnies ho jumped over a fence and caught her leg which swelled to elephant proportion:shock:vets were shut so i couldn,t do anything that night and next morning it was back to normal although i had her checked out there was no damage:)perhaps this has happened to your bunny:?

thanks rasbhan. thats great yeah thats what my husband said. hope your right. he was running about and jumping up an down alot so he could have just caused it this morning. fingers crossed. ted's being so loving with him. :love:

well good news. the vet doesn't think it's broken, thinks it's just bruised so gave him an anti inflammatory and he only charge me £1.67 for it :D so fingers crossed the swelling goes down. what a relief, i have felt so sick.

thanks jayne, yeah he seems okay. ians going to check on him tonight when he gets home as i've to work late and then go dancing. he was running about like a mad thing this mornin. really hope it is only bruising.

yeah he just had it on monday night there. he had his VHD. hmmm and it was sort of injected on the left side. would that cause it to swell up?

thanks for that lilbun, i will speak to the vet about that and will right a note is his vacc book. it does sound like thats the problem. hopefully the anti-inflammatory will do it's trick.

theo is still has a lump although he does appear to be using his paw more. sort of tempted to make another appointment tonight if it's still there and theres a thread about cylap limp which i want to print and take into him. see what they think.

theo is still has a lump although he does appear to be using his paw more. sort of tempted to make another appointment tonight if it's still there and theres a thread about cylap limp which i want to print and take into him. see what they think.

I'll be interested to hear what they say if you do :)

Back