• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddy, our very special boy

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Our little Freddy is a very special bunny, he is severely disabled and it has now got to the point when we have got to let him go. His body has become so twisted that he keeps falling on his side and can't right himself :( Understandably he is very scared when this happens, so despite him being lively and enjoying his food he is being helped to the bridge first thing Saturday morning. He will be 2 years old in October, which is a much better age than we expected him to reach.

We will be beside ourselves as Freddy really represents what our sanctuary is all about. We are trying to tell ourselves that we are not ending a bunnies life but rather helping to relieve his pain and allowing him to binky again :love:

HPIM2409.jpg

HPIM2412.jpg

Yes he was from wales originally. I didn't know who was involved in the original run as we got him from Pipstrel when she realised how severe his disability was.

I need to contact her to let her know about him, but dont have contact details :(

It seems Hilda has been involved in a lot of our bunnyruns :lol:

Oh dear, it is so heart breaking having to make these decisions, especially in one so young. At least he has been cared for and pain free since he came to you and is now being released before it gets too much for him.
Hope all goes peacefully.

Poor Freddy. :(:( He's had a lovely life I'm sure but it's never an easy decision; will be thinking of you all. xx

I'm so sorry, he's beautiful and you have so clearly given him the very, very best. Thinking of you and dear little Freddy xxxx

Poor Freddy.

This is the worst situation i could possibly think of, where you have booked in a bunny to be PTS. I feel choked to the very core for anyone that has been in this situation.

You have done everything that could possibly be done for Freddy and i'm sure he knows it x

Poor Freddy.

This is the worst situation i could possibly think of, where you have booked in a bunny to be PTS. I feel choked to the very core for anyone that has been in this situation.

You have done everything that could possibly be done for Freddy and i'm sure he knows it x

It is horrible, but at the sametime you know what is going to happen and can (hopefully) deal with it better. It gives us time to spoil the little man :love:

Some of the other bunnies we have lost recently have been so quick that we haven't had time to take it in :(

What a gorgeous bunny :love:. Well done for getting him this far. I'm sure he's had a fab little life with you. Try not to be sad (impossible task I know) and remember how much of a difference you have made to him and you are now making the most selfless decision you possibly could.

awww, I'm crying ! This is so sad. I'm so sorry, at least you gave him the best life possible. Binky free little man, sleep tight :cry::cry:

It sounds like you've reached the very best decision for lovely Freddy, but it's still terribly sad :( I really admire all the brilliant work you and Steve do helping all these poorly and oldie buns to enjoy their remaining weeks, months, years in the comfortable and loving environment they deserve :)

Hope Freddy's remaining time is full of cuddles and joy. xx

Freddy is adorable bless him. He's had a good life with you.
I'll be thinking of you both this weekend xx

What a gorgeous bunny :love:. Well done for getting him this far. I'm sure he's had a fab little life with you. Try not to be sad (impossible task I know) and remember how much of a difference you have made to him and you are now making the most selfless decision you possibly could.

Exactly...you are ensuring he doesn't suffer, what more could he ask for.

Hope you have a good few days with him and he has a peaceful passing :cry:

He has had the best of care with you, better than anyone else could have given him. Its sad and very cruel but he won't be suffering and that is the main thing.

Back