• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bernie- -u/d 1st October-Post 63

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
As the title says :cry:

Bernie is seeing Christobel at 1100hrs tomorrow. It will be Bernie's final appointment :cry: Colonel Colin will be with her, over the last few weeks they have become inseperable..............

005-58.jpg

:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry.

Bernie is just so lucky to be loved so very much.

I hope it's all peaceful and comfortable for her, and not too upsetting for you and Colonel Colin.

So sorry to hear this, for both you and Colonel Colin. Will be thinking of Bernie tomorrow. x

Oh no, what happened? She seemed to be doing so well after her dental?

she is a very special girl but thanks to you she has had the special life she deserves, i will be thinking of you and Colonel Colin.

I'm so sorry. :( I'll be keeping you, Bernie and Colonel Colin in my thoughts tomorrow. x

Bernie is still losing weight, she is now just 1.2kg, down from 1.4kg a few days ago. She used to weigh 1.85kg. She's eating a little but not much. Her back legs keep giving way. Yet sometimes she can stand up on them :? But more worrying is that this afternoon she was dehydrated. Having received lots of Hartmanns SQ and a Vit B12 shot she has just started to eat with more enthusiasm. I am pretty certain her kidney's are failing :cry:

But what to do. A blood test......but thats so stressful for a Bun and she's been through so much. She is very frail now.
Keep going with SQs for a day, a week.......????
Wait til she stops eating altogether ??????
Wait til she's depressed, at the moment she's relatively bright all things considered.
Or let her go now, with no more 'tests', before she stops eating anything, before she 'feels' really ill.

I just dont know and I will have to rely 100% on Christobel's professional opinion. You'd think by now I would find this sort of situation less of an ordeal. In reality it gets harder. When is enough, enough.

Rhetorical question, sorry

:cry:

Back