• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gosh having bunnies is stressful!

BevBunny

Mama Doe
I lost my little boy bun 3 weeks ago, he was 10 years old and I seem to have spent the last several years worrying about him - is he happy, did I give him his medicine, will someone be home in time to give him his next lots of medicine, has his jaw abcess grown again, should I take him to the vet, has he eaten enough, should I get him a lower sided litter tray, is Lavender ok cos we leave her out a bit and it goes on and on. I was devestated when I had to say goodbye to him, and then had this horrendous empty feeling and didn't really know what to do with myself. Obviously I then threw myself into making sure Lavender was ok, and probably annoyed her by fussing over her too much.

Now Lavender has a friend, omg, how stressful is bonding!!!!! They spent the first 4 days with the lovely lady from the rescue centre, and then came home last night. They like each other but still keep having little tussles (mostly when he tries to mount her, and she's having none of it), so she has a few bald patches/grazes but two minutes later she flopped out (ie she's not scared) or flirting with him. They had a tussle in the night so I ended up sleeping in the living room with them! I'm SO tired! I've really got to go to work tomorrow but not sure I'm happy to leave them on their own.

Anyhow, I feel better for sharing! But, am I the only one? I don't worry about things in general - just the bunnies!! :shock:

Last edited:
I'm sorry you lost one of your bunnies :( Sounds like he did very well to get to ten though and must have been very well cared for :)

I know what you mean about the worry - I've been a nervous wreck over my two on a number of occasions ... but they are so worth it :love:

Vibes for Lavender and new husbun that they start getting on really well very soon so their mum can relax :D

I've lost count of the sleepless nights I've had with my bunnies, I've even got up to check them at two am cuz the wind was howling and I was paranoid the hutch would blow over.

I'm sorry you lost such a special friend after so long together x

But I know the stressful side of things all too well, at the moment I am constantly watching Sora (my little pudding) whenever I'm home for signs of spurs discomfort. Is she chopping up hay because she's bored or is it a sign she wants to eat it but its too painful/difficult, is she eating okay generally, is her lying down today a sign of stasis pain again, did that little drop of water on the ground come from her drooling from her teeth.....it just never ends :shock:!

...so I ended up sleeping in the living room with them! I'm SO tired!

....I do this quite often whenever I'm soft enough to let them stay inside for the night :oops::oops::oops: (but I'm trying not to do it now the weather is getting cooler as it will affect their moult...)

I'm so glad its not just me. :D

I just remembered when my bun had Ec, he stayed at the vets all week and then I had him back home at the weekends - the vet said to keep a close eye on him. Steve (my OH) and I decided that meant checking on him every hour through the night - so we took it in turns. We should have just taken him to bed with us and be done with it!

I think it shows how much we all love our bunnies and how very lucky they are. :love:

i work long hours in term time (probably wouldn't pass a home inspection because of it) and worry about my bunnykins and if they're alright home alone. i think the way forward for me is a webcam!

tabitha: bunnykins! she means us. she's telling everyone she calls us by soppy names!
matthew: nomnomnom
tabitha: matthew! your status is undermined by the bunnymummy! pay attention!
matthew: nom...erm...tabby...
tabitha: yes, matthew?
matthew: if there's a web cam, will there be have to be a spider cam, too?
tabitha: oh, matthew!

Last edited:
Back