• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well, that was a surprise!

crysta

Alpha Buck
Just got an email from the lady who I got Faith and Hope for asking if they were okay and had settled, and to let her know if I had any problems with them.

It surprised me because as I've mentioned, the state of the cage they were in was horrendous. From what I gather, the lady works away from home a lot - I get the impression she did care but just didn't have the time to devote to them [and her other half looked generally clueless when I collected them from her].

It's nice that she took at least a little bit of interest in how they were rather than out of sight, out of mind like a lot of people on gumtree do :)

As you said though, daft OH looking after them! But you would have thought they would have made an effort for going to their new home.

I was asked to left him know when the cats had settled in, the day after I emails about the fleas, as I knew he had other cats, and recieved nothing from him.

You would never hand over animals in the condition that some people think is acceptable to hand animals over

Hope is doing her dead bunny impression just outside the door :lol: She likes to scare me by going to sleep right where I can just about see her but not if she's breathing or not. Faith is exploring again. Faith is very much the nosy leaderbun, Hope prefers to just hop about behind at her own pace. They seem quite happy with the new home and are eating well so I'm happy with them. They're off to the vet soon to get a thorough check over.

I agree, they were in a state when they were handed over. the OH didn't even seem to understand how to handle them, he just opened the cage and let me catch them. Shame, but they're happy and clean now, so that's what matters.

Back