• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning.... why treating a bite is so important.

charlie82

Mama Doe
I'm sure things like this are not that common, but 3 1/2 weeks ago I posted about Milly having being bit on her lip by another of my rabbits. Despite having surgery and being on anitbiotics it wasn't enough. I lost her last night in a really distressng way for me, and hopefully not for her. A post mortem today showed that she had an abscess on her brain stem most likely caused by that injury.

Please never assume a bite will heal on it's own.

I'm so so sorry. It sounds like you did absolutely everything you could.

Binky Free Milly.

I'm so sorry about Milly :( What a horrible thing to have to go through, poor girl. And poor you :(
I hope you're doing okay
xx

so sorry for your loss. I too once lost a lovely bun after a bite on her face went 'underground' and created a huge abcess behind the eye and then sudden death within a week despite intensive treatment.

I am so very sorry for you all.
Thank you for warning us that this can sometimes happen. I think you will save a lot of buns through your advice.

Back