• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strawberry....

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
.... is sulking. Poor thing I feel so sorry for him as I cant explain where Snowdrop is. He doesnt even like her when she is here and is always either ignoring her or chasing her but he is hiding under my bed and wont even come out for a treat :(.

Anyone got any ideas of how to cheer him up?

Aw, poor boy.

Food? He's a bit of a foody bun isn't he? Maybe hiding his favourite treats, to distract him a bit?

I don't know if you have other buns, but often smells from other buns can distract and stimulate them if they are depressed.

Aw, poor boy.

Food? He's a bit of a foody bun isn't he? Maybe hiding his favourite treats, to distract him a bit?

I don't know if you have other buns, but often smells from other buns can distract and stimulate them if they are depressed.

I dont have any others- maybe I should get some more!!! lol

He is definately a foody- but he isnt coming out for treats at the minute! He will eat them if I poke them under the bed at him but he wont budge from his spot.

He is usually such a live-wire. I hate seeing him like this.

:( I guess he does love her really then. Can you get him out and give him some love and attention? Or if he really won't come out maybe just give him something to snuggle with.

:( I guess he does love her really then. Can you get him out and give him some love and attention? Or if he really won't come out maybe just give him something to snuggle with.

I will go drag him out in a bit and try give him some cuddles. He usually just bites me and runs away as he isnt a cuddle bun but maybe he will like it more if he is feeling down. Will give him another half hour to himself then go fetch him if he still hasnt moved.

He might be glad of them because he is feeling lonely. Worth a shot at least.

It's horrid seeing them like this isn't it :(

He has just come downstairs to see me but keeps running away from me and wont let me touch him. He isnt usually like this.

I guess he is seeking your compnay in his own way.

If you sit on the floor and ignore him will he come?

He is still quiet :(

It's heartbreaking seeing him so sad knowing there is nothing I can do about it. I wish I had taken him with her now but the vet agreed I had done the right think for Snowdrops recovery by leaving him at home and thats the most important thing at the minute.

:( Is there anything you could do that would change his environment and stimulate him?

He may also be picking up on your sadness if he is a sensitive bunny, which makes the whole thing much harder.

Awwh :( Bless him. He obviously does secretly love her then :love: Typical man ay?

I hope both of the buns will be ok, any news on Snowdrop? xXx

Awwh :( Bless him. He obviously does secretly love her then :love: Typical man ay?

I hope both of the buns will be ok, any news on Snowdrop? xXx

Not heard anything. Ive got to ring after 10.30 tomorrow, she was having xrays today if they could be done consciously. If she needs a GA for them she wont have had them till tomorrow.

Strawberry has been grooming my OH's head but he wont come anywhere near me. I think its because he saw me put Snow in the carrier and take her away!

:( Is there anything you could do that would change his environment and stimulate him?

He may also be picking up on your sadness if he is a sensitive bunny, which makes the whole thing much harder.

He has ignored me all night! He free ranges in our bedroom over night so will see if he jumps onto the bed to see me.

:( Poor wee Strawberry - I hope he'll come round soon, poor little love.

Thinking of Snowdrop & hoping everything is ok for her xxx

Poor little Strawberry. :( (I don't believe I'm calling Strawberry 'poor' :shock:) I hope he will be happier tomorrow.

He didnt wake me up this morning like he usually does :(

He has spent all night under the bed laying down. He came out once I started making his breakfast but he just isnt my usually lightning bolt of trouble like usual :(.

Back