• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some vibes for Snowdrop please?- Update 02/10

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I took Snowdrop to see FHB this morning and she is being kept in for a few days.

She said there is definately something not right with her, as to what she doesnt have a clue at the minute! She gave her a thorough examination and could feel some poos forming but they were large lumps instead of small rosemary bead shapes.

We went through her history and all the different things we have tried and she has decided the best way forward is to start with an xray and some bloods. This could have been done by my vet but I made the decision what I would rather it all be done in one place.

She also wants to carry out surgery if the xray and bloods dont show anything. I initally said I wouldnt consent to her being opened up but FHB really felt that it would probably be necessary and that it was unfair to keep such a young and happy rabbit suffering just because I didnt want to have her operated on and that we need to give her the best possible chance.

I have total faith in FHB, she was lovely and really knew her stuff. She explained that the chance of losing her under GA like what happened with Graham was miniscule and that if she does have surgery it will only be minor and she is relatively safe.

Can I please have lots of vibes for my baby girl? She is all on her own as I didnt take Strawberry with me and I am really missing her already. Its likely she will have the xray consciously today and then be operated on Friday if needed, then I can collect her at the weekend.

Last edited:
Thinking of you, and Snowdrop and Strawberry too.

Hopefully knowing she is in the best hands will bring you some comfort.

Please keep us updated as and when you hear anything.

Sending loads of vibes.

If it helps any Esme stopped breathing under GA at my local vets and she wasn't spayed as they had to bring her round quickly. I took her to FHB for an opinion and she was able to convince me that the risks were miniscule in trying again, she really does have the expertise. I too felt my bunnies were as safe as they possibly could be in her hands.

That's two bunnies from Walsall RSPCA she's treated this year :D

Sending loads of vibes.

If it helps any Esme stopped breathing under GA at my local vets and she wasn't spayed as they had to bring her round quickly. I took her to FHB for an opinion and she was able to convince me that the risks were miniscule in trying again, she really does have the expertise. I too felt my bunnies were as safe as they possibly could be in her hands.

That's two bunnies from Walsall RSPCA she's treated this year :D

Thanks. I trust her completly to make the best decisions for Snowdrop and I know if anything does happen to her then at least we have tried to make her life better.

sending loads of vibes for snowberry hope the xrays show up whats wrong before she has to go under any GA. will be thinking about you and snowberry.

Back