• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I make sure they are warm enough?

Hello
sorry in advance for the long post:oops:
As you may be aware, Eric, Ernie and Honey have just been away to be bonded by Janice at ARC. They have been home a couple of weeks now and all is going well (fingers crossed).

The only issue I have is that Eric is territorial. I did have a NIC cube set up in the shed with a shelf in it, but Eric chased the other 2 around and on top of it. The NIC cubbe has now been removed because they have been so good:D
They have 2 patio chairs in the shed, which they love. Eric and Ernie used to sleep under their chair at night with lots of hay around them, even though they had a hutch they could sleep in.
But at the moment, because of Erics ownership of everything, I have not yet put the hutch back in. Also I assumed they would all sleep under the chair again.
However, now Honey is in there and she likes the boys to snuggle up with her, I'm not sure where they are sleeping and if they are warm enough.

I think they are just sleeping on the carpet tiles without any hay around them and I am worried they might get cold. I have 2 snugglesafes and am going to by new towels to wrap around them, and put them under the chair and see if they sleep there again. But if they don't, then I'm not sure if they will be warm enough, especially as it is getting cold at night again.

So to clarrify:
10 x 6 shed
1 bale of hay and lots of loose hay
2 patio chairs
3 litter trays.
2 snugglesafes and will have new towels...

oh and..........
3 fluffy bunnies

Any suggestions how I can make sure they are warm enough?

Thank you

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. You have done everything already. Besides you have three very fluffy bunnies that like to snuggle! Sorted. :)

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. You have done everything already. Besides you have three very fluffy bunnies that like to snuggle! Sorted. :)

Thank you. I just can't help feeling sorry for Honey. She was a house rabbit until 2 weeks ago, with a lovely carpeted house and warmth.She had only ever been outside twice and that was the week before bonding. It is all just so new to her. I just don't want the boys to leave her alone in the night and her suffer. She loves me to rub her warm in the mornings.

How would I know if she is cold and suffering?

I guess I am just an over protective bunny mummy!:oops:

Its a good time of year to put her out - its not really cold yet so gives her time to adjust and also chances are they wont of had the heating on yet so not such a drastic change for her. Shes pretty fluffy and buns are pretty good at deaing with cold. Its heat that causes them more probs. I'd only be worried if her personality changes when it gets really cold ie she looks really miserable and suffering.

Oh and we are all over protective bunny mums, comes with the territory. My buns are going into boarding for the first time in Jan and the background info the boarding place has asked for is turning into an essay! :lol:

Its a good time of year to put her out - its not really cold yet so gives her time to adjust and also chances are they wont of had the heating on yet so not such a drastic change for her. Shes pretty fluffy and buns are pretty good at deaing with cold. Its heat that causes them more probs. I'd only be worried if her personality changes when it gets really cold ie she looks really miserable and suffering.

Thank You Amy - I guess I am just thinking how I would feel if I was made to sit in a cold (although insulated) Shed after having a nice warm home for almost a year!

Back